PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ready for Halloween to be over?

mapg
10-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm so ready for Thursday morning. Anyone else?
MA

SnuggleBuggles
10-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Heck no. :) I wish there were even more Halloween activities to do with ds. He just loves it all so much that I can't help but get into it too.

I love handing out candy and taking ds trick or treating (dh and I take turns throughout the night). Halloween isn't my favorite holiday but I do enjoy it. :)

Beth

fortato
10-28-2007, 01:40 PM
What's the rush??

As soon Wednesday night all the Christmas displays will be up....

pb&j
10-28-2007, 01:44 PM
They're already up! We went to Home Depot this morning and were greeted by pre-lit, artifical X-mas trees. Lots of 'em. Ack.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

Tondi G
10-28-2007, 03:33 PM
No actually i am excited for Halloween and I wish we had another weekend this year cause my SIL decided to get married this weekend (when all the family activities are happening in the parks etc.). AND my birthday is Thursday so I am in no rush to get another year older! :)

I agree too.... suddenl it will be Christmas (overnight) and the Holidays will officially be in full swing. That means I have christmas shopping to deal with..... not ready for that yet!

~Tondi

mamicka
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I'll be the first to agree with you - I hate Halloween!

I'm gritting my teeth & trying to have fun because the kids love it, but I really can't stand this holiday. I refuse to create memories of mommy being the stick in the mud so October ends-up being really tough for me. We're almost there.

Allison
DS1 2003
DS2 2005
DS3 2007

mapg
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
My sister loves Halloween, I never liked it. So I don't think you will ruin it for your kids. Maybe it has to do with the type of candy you like? My 12 year old is not a fan of Halloween, she says it is about itchy costumes and gross candy. And I hate all the scary stuff on t.v. Sometimes you can't change the channel quickly enough.

AngelaS
10-29-2007, 06:14 AM
YES! I hate all the scary things that are EVERYWHERE that make my children ask questions about WHY on earth people decorate that way and freak them out. I don't like trick or treating where once again, they meet people wearing scary masks and being freaked out.

And all that sugar that I will have to very slowly dole out for the next few months while trying to keep MY hand out of it... blech!