PDA

View Full Version : Brands thought to/ known to use sweatshops or child labor?

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2007, 07:36 AM
I am sure there is a list somewhere but I wasn't sure where to really get some solid, up to date info.

On ABCNews they ran a piece on the Gap using (supposedly unknowingly) child labor:
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=3787304&page=1

Thank you!
Beth

egoldber
10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
This and stories like it are why I stopped shopping at the Gap and its affiliated stores (babyGap, Old Navy, Banana Republic) years ago.

You can look here for info:

www.responsibleshopper.com

Fairy
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
UPDATE --> As Beth pointed out below, this topic is more transcendent than just clothing, so reply all ya like. The one in Kid Wear was strictly for the Gap.

===========================

. . . There is a post in the Kid Wear forum on this. I didn't move it because I don't want two posts in there. I also don't like locking stuff for no reason, and I wanted to maintain the links that had been posted here. So, here's the link to the one in Kid Wear.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=118461&mode=full&page=

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I posted here rather than there b/c I was interested in things beyond clothes. For example, my yoga teacher is very careful about where she buys her balls and mats b/c she didn't want sweatshop made materials. So, I was looking for responsible vendors not just limited to clothing. Thanks for that link though. Off to read it now.

Thanks for your link, too, Beth. I have to check it out still.
beth

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I posted here rather than there b/c I was interested in things beyond clothes. For example, my yoga teacher is very careful about where she buys her balls and mats b/c she didn't want sweatshop made materials. So, I was looking for responsible vendors not just limited to clothing. Thanks for that link though. Off to read it now.

Thanks for your link, too, Beth. I have to check it out still.
beth

Fairy
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Ya know, that's a good point, actually. I'm going to backpedal on that, then. Thanks, Beth.

Fairy
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Ya know, that's a good point, actually. I'm going to backpedal on that, then. Thanks, Beth.