PDA

View Full Version : I survived my dentist appt! (does anyone else bring kids to appts of any type?)

c914
10-30-2007, 01:07 PM
with a 2 year old and a 7 month old! The boys did fine (I made sure DS#2 was out cold with a nap by keeping him up as long as possible this am) while I was in the chair. I haven't had a cleaning in 2 years and just decided enough with the neglecting.

Now I just have to gear up for my first 2 fillings in 2 weeks otherwise the report card was good. (yes I've made it to age 35 without a filling)

Corie
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I didn't have my first cavity until the age 35 either!! And
it really bummed me out!

Also, to answer your question, I always take my 2 kids with me
to ALL my doctor appointments. They go with me to my dentist
appointments, my OB/GYN exams, etc.

They even went with me for my mammogram. :)

I just pack lots of snacks, lollipops, gum, etc. Whatever
it takes to keep them quiet. Plus, they each bring a small
backpack filled with some toys, activity books, crayons, etc.

niccig
10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I avoid taking DS at all costs. It's painful enough as it is. I only take DS to my endocrinologist, as he's the only doctor that runs on time, everyone else is at least 30mins late, even for first appointment of the day! I make appointments for first thing in the morning (7.30am or 8.00am) as DH still at home, swap babysitting with another mother, but now DH is in preschool, I can do some of it then.

c914
10-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear I am not alone. ;-)
Can't wait for that mammogram come next check up time..

Now I have a tire slowly going flat on my car, and I call DH to let him know I want to take the car in (so don't lolly gag on the way home from work) and he says, well why don't you just take the kids with you ?! I've already survived one trip for today why mess with perfection?

back to the subject at hand -
The DDS said they could do a "white" fillings, since I don't have any other metal in my mouth. I've never heard of it before? Is this as good as the old "standard" type filling?

Carla :D

Tondi G
10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah you want the white ones. The silver Amalgum fillings are the ones people are having replaced!

Corie
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Carla,

Mine is the white filling. If I open my mouth, you can't
even see anything!

Now the car thing, my husband does that. The car is all him!