PDA

View Full Version : Opt-out of paper catalogs

Bean606
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
This is a GREAT website for those of you who, like me, are completely tired of getting an endless supply of catalogs that you never requested and who want to save trees! I just signed up to get rid of all those catalogs I immediately recycle without reading.

www.catalogchoice.org

npace19147
10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks so much for this! It's a great concept...I already opted out of 33 catalogues. Such a waste of paper. I feel much better already and I'm sure my mailman will too!

Bean606
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I know! I can't wait until it kicks in. Now, do I still have to give the mailman a Holiday gift, or will this cover me? :)

oneplustwo
11-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Am I the only one having problems with this site? I registered a few days ago and when I tried to opt out of a catalog today, it told me there was an error b/c I had already opted out of that catalog. But I haven't, and it doesn't show on my list of catalogs that I've opted out of. Other than the first catalog I opted out of the day I registered, I am having no luck with any other catalogs.

Bean606
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I've been on it twice and opted out of several different catalogs without a problem, but I haven't been on it lately. Is there a customer service number?

oneplustwo
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I went on later the same day and it finally worked for me, so I haven't looked to see if there's a number to call for help.