PDA

View Full Version : It's November - request for people to look at What's Cooking

alexsmommy
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I know I only go over there if I need something. I miss the good old days though when I could put my cooking questions here in the lounge and know that a lot of people would read it. I just wanted to encourage others who are like me and only check in certain forums a few times a week that as the holidays ramp up, I'd love to get input from the masses. I'm going to try to to browse over there more for the next two months and hope others will too. My favorite Christmas morning recipes are from past Lounge cooking threads. Thanks!
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
Zachary July '07

Marisa6826
11-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Alaina

I know you were probably in the hospital with Alex last week when the topic of XLINKs came up.

What you can do is create the thread in the Cooking forum, then come here and create a thread, just putting a cut/paste of the thread URL in the text box. That way, people will see the title of the thread, but it will be a 'detour' into the Cooking forum.

Make sense? (Search "XLINK" here in the Lounge and a thread will come up explaining it)

-m

clc053103
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree! I love to cook, and love sharing and reading recipes on What's Cookin- but when things slowed down I stopped looking. Let's get started on some great holiday recipe threads!

alexsmommy
11-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks - will do. I still hope people go over there too - I got a lot of recipes from threads I might not normally see if I don't remember to check over there now. Like the Rhodes sticky bun recipe - yuuuuummmmm! Hopefully the holidays will bring more traffic from those who are such good cooks they never even need help but can help the rest of us.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
Zachary July '07

kijip
11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the reminder!

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little 4 year old munchkin Toby.
The butter melts out of habit, you know the toast isn't even warm. -Ani DiFranco