PDA

View Full Version : Dec babies... what do you do about birth announcements/holiday cards?

wolverine2
11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
So my second is due in Dec, and I want him to have his own special birth announcement, just like #1 did. But I don't really want to send out announcements and Christmas cards at the same time, nor do I think I'll have the energy to. Should I just skip the holiday cards? But then people won't get to see pictures of DS this year. What to do?

fivi2
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
No advice on whether or not to do both, but I have seen many birth announcments with the older dc sitting with the new baby (in a photo birth announcement...). So that way people would see pics of ds.
But as far as the rest of it - I skipped the whole birth announcement thing - I had no energy!

pb&j
11-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I agree with the pp about sending an announcement w/ a pic of DS w/ the new baby. Or, you could send birth announcements, and then send Valentines instead of holiday cards.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

Jenn98
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I did as much as I could with the announcements before DD was born (addressed, stamped and ready to go.) All I had to do was plug in the pic and the stats. I did the same with the holiday cards and I sent them early. I think we sent them very early (like the first week of Dec) so we had some time in between the holiday cards and the birth announcements. I think the key is to just do it early. Oh, and I used the same list for both the cards and that simplified it as well.

Just my .02 as a Dec birthday myself, but you really should do for your Dec baby just as you did with your other baby born at another time of the year. If you can't do both cards, I say do the birth announcements. You could always drop in a photo of your other DC and say something like "Billy is so excited to be a big brother!"

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I can take pretty decent pics so I never have professional pics done for Christmas. I plan to take a pic of the kids together and make it a holiday card/ birth announcement. Maybe I'll do a little photo montage or something. I'll probably just have them made through Snapfish though for convenience.

I didn't send out birth announcements for ds till he was 4 months old. :) I'm not too stressed if I don't get around to it. We never sent out Christmas pics till ds was 3 or 4. Before that we sent out Valentines. I thought it was a fun, cute tradition.

You could just do an email/ website sort of thing and call it a day.

Beth

Beth

dcmom2b3
11-02-2007, 11:28 PM
We did an announcement that contained a brief holiday wish, printed on red cardstock with gold ink. I think the text was Line 1: "Making Spirits Bright" Line 2: "DH and (dcmom2b3) are proud to announce the birth of their daughter" Lines 3- 7: her name and statistics, etc. Last line: "Wishing you peace and joy this holiday season" There was a little gold star decal in there somewhere, too.

We enclosed pictures of the baby, if you went this route you could include pics of DS as well.

cuca_
11-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm also due in december, and I plan to do what Jenn suggested. I am sending holiday cards early (right after Thanksgiving) and sending an announcement a few weeks after the baby is born. The holiday cards will only include my two DDs, but I figured this was easier than trying to rush to get pictures with the baby and cards out before the holidays are over.

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005
and a boy due Dec 2007!

LarsMal
11-03-2007, 02:58 PM
DD was born on Dec. 29th. I didn't want to sent out two rounds of cards so I held off on holiday cards. After she was born we sent out a Happy New Year/Announcement. I chose one of the photo cards with multiple pics. I had one of DS, one of DD, and a family photo. The message read:

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2007! Love, (our names), and Introducing (DD's name and birth info)

Killed 2 birds w/one stone and they were a big hit!

ctmom
11-04-2007, 08:23 AM
dd#2 was born mid-december. I sent out an announcement right away. A few weeks later, I think within the first week or so of the new year, I sent out a "Happy New Year" pic card with both dd's...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

wolverine2
11-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I think this may be what I do... mine is due mid-December and I think I could manage an easy Shutterfly-type announcement right away. I really want him to have his very own announcement to save for the baby book, not a combo birth/holiday card. Then I can try for the New Year's cards or else just forget it or send one at Valentine's Day, Easter, etc. We have family who send their "Christmas" card every year around Easter time, and I always enjoy getting one when no one else is sending them!

Thansk everyone!