PDA

View Full Version : "It's taking me a while because DS is sooooo slow" - said by DH

niccig
11-03-2007, 02:21 PM
This morning DH had DS while I had my hair coloured (the skunk look I was sporting was not very fetching). He forgot my birthday present at his work (DUH!) and said he would go get it and then I would have DS for nap while DH goes to watch the big football game of the year for him (MSU v MU). I'm home waiting and call DH, he claims that he's still an hour away because it takes so much longer to do things with DS. Really!! And then I hung up the phone, laughed and went to get a coffee at Starbucks to keep enjoying the peace and quiet for a little longer.

g-mama
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL! That's a good one. Really??!!

Hope you enjoyed your Starbucks and the extra peace and quiet and that ds took a nice, long nap. :)

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

kozachka
11-03-2007, 02:35 PM
First of all, happy birthday to you. Sorry to hear DH forgot your present at work. On a positive note, at least he got you something. Hopefully something very nice. And enjoy your coffee. I think DHs need time with DC to appreciate moms more ;).

niccig
11-03-2007, 05:50 PM
It turned out that DH took DS to the store to choose cards, wrapping paper, then took DS to his work to wrap, write cards etc. DS is also being PTed, so DH had to take him to the toilet every so often as well.

I had a nice morning, my hair looks great, and I got a coffee, ate some chocolate and surfed the Net. I'm ignoring the state of my house. I've decided that I'm not going to clean on my birthday. I'll do the dishes, but the rest can wait until tomorrow.

DH gave me a digital camera. He has a big SLR that I don't like to take when DS and I are out doing things. Now if I could just get DH to print the photos as he promised, I would be even happier - we have photo frames, we have plenty of pictures on the computer, and that's as far as it gets. He said he would take care of uploading to a website so family can see the pics, and for printing out ones to display - and 1 year later, I'm still waiting. I'm nagging him for photos, his mother is nagging him for photos, my mother is nagging him for photos...I give up. So, I'm in 2 minds about the present, I have another camera to take photos and then do nothing with. I don't want to take over yet another project because he won't finish it. Eek, this is now turning into a bitch.

ErinMC
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Happy Birthday!

As for the pics, it sounds like your DH isn't going to come through, so take the memory card from your camera (or even your whole camera, if that's easier) to CVS, Target, Costco - any store with a photo counter - and ask someone behind the counter for help. They'll be happy to show you how to print them out.

Glad you got a break this morning. :-)

Erin
Mom to Chase and Logan

rlu
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
My .02

If you have the pictures on the computer, you can upload them to Walgreens (and I think Costco and Target) and have them printed there. You can also upload the pictures to Shutterfly or Snapfish (I'm sure there are others) into an album and then send a link to the album to your moms.

Also, you should be able to download the pictures from your new camera since he already has the setup to download from his (unless your memory chip/stick won't fit).

Lots of momma's here do the downloading, printing, just ask your questions and I am sure they will help!

And it was very sweet DH had DS pick out cards, etc. I made it clear to DH I expected DS to pick out his card to me (valentines, m-day, b-day) and he has been very good about that.

Happy birthday!

niccig
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I know I can upload the photos and print them out. My real issue is that he said he would do it, he knows it's important to me. He still hasn't done it, he said it's a big project, there's 3 years worth of photos etc. I suggested starting with the most recent and slowly we can get back to earlier photos.

I don't want to take over, as then it's like everything else that I have to do so it gets done. I know he's busy with work, but now I feel that's just an excuse as everyone is busy with something.

I know you're right and that if I want photos of DS, I'm going to have to do it. It just POs me more than anything else at the moment.

Nicci

rlu
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I suspected something like that. This happens to me a lot, so then I step back and ask myself if I really want to be in a pissing match (scuse the language) over that issue. Sometimes I do (dirty clothes stay on the floor making great impromptu dog beds as I only do those in the hamper) and other times I b*tch while I do it myself.

Wish I had better advice, but I'm right there with you.

niccig
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, sometimes it isn't worth the battle. He's been asking about a Christmas present for me, so today I told him that I would like photos of the three of us. I said it didn't have to be the entire photo wall that he has planned, that it could just be a few shots, but I want them printed and framed and hung. And that I wanted this present more than anything else. I'm hoping that just a few photos won't be as overwhelming a project as it's been up until now. If he does these 3 photos, then I might ask for a photo every year for anniversary etc. I know I get overwhelmed by big projects, so part of me gets it, the other part says stop being so lazy and just DO IT!