PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lisa (Gatorsmom)

Marisa6826
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
What's the latest with your bully neighbour and her DD, Rachel?

I was totally thinking about her and whether or not she went wild on Mischief Night. Somehow, I suspect it's one of her fave holidays. ;)

-m

gatorsmom
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I should have posted this a few weeks ago but I thought maybe you guys had gotten bored with the bully wench neighbor saga. Plus, I"m not so sure my behavior was all that mature.

My BUNKO group had their October meeting about 3 weeks ago. I'm a regular member but for those regular members who can't attend, they are suppose to get a substitute to take their place. Since bully wench is on our substitute list, someone called her to play that night. If you've ever played BuNKO then you know that there are 12 people who play at 3 tables and they rotate tables throughout the night so that everyone usually has a chance to talk to everyone else. I was especially NOT looking forward to seeing her, much less talking to her.

Well, toward the end of the night, I was finally forced to sit at her table. Everyone was being really nice to me- I was given a love seat to sit at and put my feet up since they were getting swollen. Well, at one point, either she or I were suppose to rotate chairs. I asked her nicely if she wouldn't mind just sitting in the chair next to hers so that I didn't have to lose the love seat. She said, "hell no, I don't feel like moving chairs. YOU move chairs." I said, no, I"m not moving. My feet are getting really swollen the longer I sit in those chairs." And she said, "Well, I'm not moving. And who really cares if we don't play exactly by the rules. What's the big deal?"

Anyway there are 4 ways to win at BUNKO and each one pays money. You can either LOSE the most games, WIN the most games, get the most BUNKOs or get the very last BUNKO of the night. Well, we were on our last game and I was pretty sure that that night I would get the pot for most games lost since I"d only won one all night. Bully wench didn't know that though, so she and her partner were openly cheating in front of me and the other player at the table. Apparently, she was intent on winning money that night. Which really isn't in the spirit of our group. We just get together to talk and have a fun night out. Bully only substitutes for missing players so that she can potentially win money. Well, during the last game, Bully was lucky enough to get a BUNKO. And her partner said, "don't forget to claim the last BUNKO." And Bully said, "I don't care about that, that's stupid. I'm going to get the pot for most losses." Apparently she forgot that she could win money for having the last BUNKO. So she never claimed it. When the last game ended, they started to figure out who won the pots. I had more losses than her so I won that pot DESPITE her cheating. Finally they called out last BUNKO and someone else claimed it. Well she got all in a huff and said, "no, wait, I HAD the last BUNKO." The other woman who (never wins, btw) was holding the prize money said nicely, "oh, i didn't hear you claim it. I guess this goes to you." And that is when I chimed in- in my oh, so mature, hormonal way- "No, bully decided NOT to claim it. She said it was stupid. Didn't you bully? Wendy, you were the last to claim BUNKO so you get the pot. It's only fair." I was just determined that Bully, who only came to the game to get drunk and make some money and make fun of our group, wasn't going to walk all over us.

I turned to bully wench and laughingly teased her by saying, "I guess you ARE the biggest Loser.� I really made it sound like I was joking, but I was not.

Well, normally the evening ends by everyone getting together to have dessert together and joke around and just enjoy themselves. Since the pots aren't that big, I don't think anyone really cares whether they win or not and that's the fun of it. We just enjoy seeing each other. Well, Bully didn't stay to talk to anyone. Without a word, she just walked out. Not a goodbye, not a really nice to see you all again, nothing.

I'm so evil and so going to hell for this but I felt triumphant. Because she could have won some money but in her mean spirit, she shot herself in the foot. Anyway, she hasn't bothered me since. Even when we didn't go to the neighborhood group's Halloween party. Maybe it's because I stood up to her. And her daughter Rachel is still a sweetheart and babysits for us every Friday night.

So, that's the latest (and I think possibly the longest post I"ve ever written).

Lisa
mom to Gator
mom to Cha Cha
and surprise! twins due 11/07

Marisa6826
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
AWESOME! That had to be one of the best feelings. EVAH! :)

Fooey on the Bully. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for Rachel to live in that house. :( Hopefully even with all the help you'll be getting with the babies, she can still come find some shelter at your house. I'm certain you're definitely making a positive impact on that girl's life.

hugs and congrats on one of life's small victories :)

-m

DrSally
11-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I love it. Doesn't it feel good to stand up for yourself!

npace19147
11-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Just amazing to me how obnoxious she can be to a woman who is nine months pg with twins!! I mean, telling you to move chairs?!? What is wrong with this woman?

BTW, impressed to hear that you are getting out and about that much!

gatorsmom
11-06-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't get out all that often anymore. It hurts to walk. But I figured if I was just going to be sitting most of the night, I'd be fine. My husband and I still go out on Friday nights but it's always to a nearby restaurant or a movie where I can put up my feet. I might as well enjoy my freedom now before the twins take over my life!

Besides, I forgot to call a substitute to take my place for BUNKO that night!

Lisa
mom to Gator 03
mom to Cha Cha 05

LarsMal
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
GRRRR...she sounds like such a nasty woman- very immature and selfish. Good for you for standing up to her, hormones or not!

BTW...I'm so jealous of all the fun stuff your neighborhood/friends do. Bunko, boat parties, Halloween parties, etc. I wish our neighborhood had half as much fun!

Have you begun the final countdown?!? It must be getting close!

Gena
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Sounds like she got what she deserved. Good for you!

>I'm so evil and so going to hell for this but I felt
>triumphant.

I know how you feel. I always end up telling these kinds of things to my priest in confession.

KBecks
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ooh, thanks for sharing, it was good!

gatorsmom
11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I have started the final countdown. I think I'll post about it this afternoon asking for prayers and good thoughts. I'm getting really nervous!

Lisa
mom to Gator 03
mom to Cha cha 05