PDA

View Full Version : Have you had a lift and/or augmentation? Some TMI

billysmommy
11-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I have been thinking about this for a long time and was wondering if anyone here has had it done/knows someone who had it done and what the recovery was like.

Since Billy weaned after 1.5 years, my breasts became very "droopy". I thought at that time that once we were finished having children I would probably get a breast lift. With nursing Benjamin they have become even more droopy and even saggy :)
Benjamin is in now the process of self-weaning and they are getting smaller ~ they are smaller now than they were before I had kids!!!! I have been thinking that if I am going to have a lift why not have some augmentation done also. I don't want to be huge but a nice C cup would be wonderful right about now.
This is still a couple/few years away. I want to get back in shape, lose about 20-25 pounds and really make sure we are done having children. But I have decided to start researching it so any stories/advice/etc would be wonderful :)

Thanks

Lovingliv
11-06-2007, 11:04 PM
HI Lori,

no surgery here....but have you looked into exercises to strengthen the muscles behind the breasts?

Surgery is permanent....and always a risk....;-) but I am sure you know that.

Motherhood changes us in so many ways....I bet you look fantastic!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

billysmommy
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah ~ I tried exercise after Billy but they are still saggy :(

It's funny because I don't mind my stretch marks, little belly pooch, and all the other things that can happen to our bodies when we have kids but the droopy saggy breasts I absolutely hate.

The other funny part is DH is so NOT a "boob man" ~ he couldn't care less what size they are, if they are droopy, if they were purple, etc.

This is something I want to do for me. I've already talked with some plastic surgeons and know who I will go with when I decide to do it ~ I'm just looking for some BTDT stories and thought surely someone on the BBB could help :)

If anyone is uncomfortable posting, please feel free to pm or email me :)

kdeunc
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
No BTDT yet but can I tell you that when I watch Dr 90210 I fantasize about the day when I finish having kids and can have my formerly "can leave the house without a bra" DDs put back where they belong :) Ah, someday...

JoyNChrist
11-07-2007, 12:26 PM
No BTDT, but you're not alone - I'm getting a full C as soon as we're done having babies. I've wanted one for forever, and actually already have the money in a special savings account just for that. It's also something I want to do for me...DH couldn't care less, but I want 'em! No shame at all...I figure there's worse things I could indulge in to make myself feel good. :-)

Anyway, DH's aunt had an augmentation and lift a few years ago for her 40th birthday present. She did it the week of Thanksgiving...the procedure was done on a Monday, and by Thursday she was up cooking the turkey. She said the first two days are hell, but after that it's not so bad. She let me look at them and feel them (I know that sounds so weird, but I wanted to know what I was getting into), and they're beautiful and don't look or feel fake at all. She went with a small D cup, since she was already a small B. I'm like less than an A, though, so I think a full C would be better with my frame.

HTH and good luck with whatever you decide!

hobokenmom
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I have.....I had a BA about 18 months ago, and I'm still very happy that I did it.

The recovery isn't so bad, but you'll definitely need help with the kids for the first week or so. My mom took my youngest son to her house for the first week, as he was 21 months, and I knew he was going to want Mommy over Grandma. He had a great time with his grandparents.

I was a bit nervous to tell people (even my own family) initially, but I got over that quickly, and I've decided that MANY MANY women would do it IF they had the guts and the money to get it done.

I am not a narcissist, but I was truly repulsed by my breasts every time I looked in the mirror. I went from being a full C/D during my twenties to being a deflated saggy A after breastfeeding three kids for a year each. Ewwww.....

I think if I did it over again, I might have gone a little bit smaller (I'm a solid D cup though my implants do look very natural, and often people are a bit shocked if they find out that they're not real), but my surgeon didn't want to do a lift, and I had a lot of loose skin to "inflate" so he went with the size he went with (400 cc).

There are great websites out there with lots of info and photos. Just do a google search.

Good luck.