PDA

View Full Version : Flying rules with empty Sigg bottle?

egoldber
11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
The only "sippy" Amy will use is a Sigg bottle. We are flying this weekend and I want to bring it on board the plane with me. I know I can't bring it through security with liquid in it, but what about an empty bottle? Anyone flown with their Sigg and had any issues with security?

Aarohismom
11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I have taken a baby bottle with just formula powder in it without any problem. IMO empty sigg bottle shoudn't be a problem.

Sugar Magnolia
11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Not a Sigg, but I flew with the empty Klean Kanteen bottles recently. I had no liquid in them and just bought the kids water once we got through security and all was fine.

wencit
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I flew with an empty Sigg bottle last month several times and encountered zero problems with security.

cuca_
11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I've flown with an empty Sigg bottle before in my carry-on and have not had a problem. Also, just wanted to let you know that I have never had a problem bringing in regular sippy cups with milk when travelling with my kids. I always bring milk boxes as well, and only once has a security checker given me a hard time (he still let me bring them through).

HTH,

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005
and a boy due Dec 2007!

mik8
11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
We've carried both empty Sigg and Kleen Kanteen H20 bottles through the airport and plane without any problems. Just bought water/liquid drink past the security checks. Have a safe trip!

tarabenet
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
On a weekend vacay in September, I checked an empty Sigg in my suitcase, and my luggage was apparently searched. Kept it in my carry-on for the trip home and had no problems with security. I've also taken it, filled with water even, through a similar security check at a courthouse with no problem.

egoldber
11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks all! That's what I needed to know. :)

Amy doesn't drink milk at all yet. She is still somewhat dairy sensitive. But she likes water from the Sigg, although she mainly likes to play with the bottle LOL!

hillview
11-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I have flown a lot with it and no issues. Always empty then fill it once past security.

katydid1971
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM
FYI if you forget to empty it (which I always seem to do) they will just pour it out and give it back to you. The last guy even told me where at water fountain was so I could refill it.
Sarah