PDA

View Full Version : Can NOT think of any boy name's, except for one

TraciG
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I am having a tough time with baby name's, last time I was pregnant I had a boy name all picked out, first name & middle, now 4 year's later I don't want to use that name because it's to popular, Jacob. So , so far we like the name Ashton, I thought that it's different, my DD does have a boy in her pre K class with the name, that's how I got hooked on it . My mother &Aunt aren't loving it, their opinion does kind of affect me, but if I really want, I will use it, wish I could think of more option's.

I do like Gabriel BUT my DH has a cousin , a girl names Gabrielle, to similar sounding & confusing.

Any idea's ???????????

JBaxter
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I like Asher for a boy ( its from the bible and also a family name here)

I also like Mason , Shane, Dane, Seth, Reuben, and Jack ( Jackson)

**** ETA Here is the SSA name site You can scroll through the top 1000 names for the past 100 yrs!

http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

B.A.F.
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
How about Bennett?

Or...

Jax/Jaxon

Austin

Presley

Preston

Jeremy

clc053103
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I like Ashton! Gabriel = Gabe, whether you like it or not, so keep that in mind. even if you don't like nicknames, someone will use it.

I can tell you what names are overdone right now based on DS's school and my friend's kids: Jack (at least 2 in each classroom of 12), Max, Gavin.

I love the name Braeden/Braden!

SnuggleBuggles
11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I try not to stress about name popularity b/c you just never know with any name! There are 4 Lilys that used to be in our playgroups. When I looked it up to see how popular it was that year (SSA site) it was not at all popular- it was just randomly popular. So, imo, if you like Jacob go for it. You might not run in to any other Jacobs!

I can't help but think of Ashton Kutcher whenever I hear Ashton so I I have a hard time there. A bit better now that he isn't as popular.

I like names like Benjamin, Nicholas, Isaac, Max, Miles, Alexander, Jonas, Jeremiah, Ian, Charlie, Jack/ Jackson.

I really don't want a name that is going to be poached for a girl's name. I tell ya, those girls are taking all the names. I don't want people to have to guess whether my child is a boy or a girl when they see their name. Jacob (or Jake)- solidly in the boy camp, imo. :)

If you like Ashton, go for it. :)

Beth

HIU8
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I love Asher. Also Nicholas, Alexander, Evan, Ethan, Ephram, Todd, Graeham, Ari, Eli, Ilan. Also, you can use Jacob and go by a not so well known nickname. We used Jacob buy call DS Coby instead (there is another Jacob in the family with the same last name).

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

lil_acorn
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Some repeats but I like:
Andrew, Benjamin, Jackson, Jake, Samuel, Nicholas, Miles.

TraciG
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
UGH posted but don't know what happened to it. THANK YOU all for your responses, I will go over them again.

I will let you know whenever I decide ( if that EVER happens )

Jen841
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
My personal favs...
Evan
Jude
Dylan
Jonah
Shane
Drew

elephantmeg
11-09-2007, 11:09 PM
we were getting no where with boy names so I am so relieved that it's not a boy! Our list was:
William
Mathew
Peter
Luke
and nothing was really flowing. I do like Ashton but not really Gabriel for a boy. My new nephew is Caleb Daniel and I like that too. Their dog is Luke so we wouldn't have been able to use that :) Good luck! And congrats :)

katydid1971
11-09-2007, 11:43 PM
>I like Asher for a boy ( its from the bible and also a family
>name here)
>
I love Asher, it means Happy which I think is a nice thing to hope for your child.

Leeannpk
11-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I love Caleb, Noah, Nolan & Nathan. I have a thing for N names :)

Leeann

Radosti
11-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Heather,

It's funny. All my life I have had two boy names picked out - Eli and Ari. Well, the dog is Eli... and the cat is Ari. My choice for Aaron was Ilan for months and months, but hubby vetoed it saying that it sounds too close to Eli.

Radosti
11-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Ooooh... I am going to write that name down to pitch to hubby. I love it. Brings up memories of reading My Name is Asher Lev... with all the peculiarities of the character, but I love that name.

randomkid
11-10-2007, 03:08 AM
Aaron
Cole
Chase
James, but I like it as James, not nicknamed Jim or Jimmy
Mitchell

Edited to add a couple more.

Melanie
11-10-2007, 04:18 AM
My advice is tell no one the name. Once baby is here, they'll be thrilled and doting over him and give little care to the name and likely be wise enough to realize he's already been given his name and shut up if they don't like it.

TraciG
11-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah that's what my sister-in-law said but I'm not the type to keep a secret about myself ! With my daughter, my in-law's didn't like the name i chose & now they love it so I would still go with a name if I love it .

keep the name's coming !

KBecks
11-10-2007, 05:37 PM
My near misses for Johnny were...

Nathan (Nate)
Evan

I also like Calvin (esp. the nn. Cal). That's a new one I like.

I remember also liking Sawyer. But we went with John so you understand, I'm not that daring when it comes to names!

For a while I changed my mind every 2 weeks but I can't remember any other faves other than those. I kept an Excel spreadsheet with ideas and lists including first/middle combos.

Good luck! Have you checked out name web sites for inspiration?

bubbaray
11-10-2007, 05:46 PM
DH and I never did agree on a boy's name with either baby. Good thing they were girls, LOL!

I like the name Logan. Ashton would make me thing of Mr. Demi Moore, but that's just me. If you like the name, go for it. And, don't tell anyone his name until you've already sent in the birth certificate paperwork! :)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Tondi G
11-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Our boys names are Mason Liam and Aidan Gabriel

Other names I like are

Hudson
Ethan (my DH)
Braeden/Bradan
Nathan (but not the NN Nate)
Ian
Brennan
Avery
Seth
Cullen
Declan
Emmett
Owen

I like Jacob but I do understand not wanting to use a name that is very popular... and I like Jake for a NN too!

Good Luck... baby names are so hard!

~Tondi

Tondi G
11-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Our boys names are Mason Liam and Aidan Gabriel

Other names I like are

Hudson
Ethan (my DH)
Braeden/Bradan
Nathan (but not the NN Nate)
Ian
Brennan
Avery
Seth
Cullen
Declan
Emmett
Owen

I like Jacob but I do understand not wanting to use a name that is very popular... and I like Jake for a NN too!

Good Luck... baby names are so hard!

~Tondi

denna
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I LOVE Asher. I read it in a book a couple of days after DS was born and that is the name I wanted, but it was too late :(. I wish I would have read the book a week sooner, who knows maybe one of his siblings will be Asher someday.

denna
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I LOVE Asher. I read it in a book a couple of days after DS was born and that is the name I wanted, but it was too late :(. I wish I would have read the book a week sooner, who knows maybe one of his siblings will be Asher someday.

denna
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Also some repeats here but here goes:

Andrew
Benjamin
Brody
Cedric
Finn
Logan`
Oliver
Thather
Sawyer