PDA

View Full Version : Our BBB in the news!

MartiesMom2B
11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
That's pretty cool. Wow and our own Fairy, Hillary, got to be interviewed too. I think this should be pinned up top just like other times when the BBB is mentioned in the media.

-Sonia
Mommy to the M&M girls

caleymama
11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for posting that!

More importantly, though, congratulations to you!! I hope your pregnancy is happy & healthy. Great to "see" you around again :).

new_mommy25
11-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Congratulations Tara!

And how cool that the BBB made the papers!

Jenn98
11-09-2007, 09:46 PM
What a small world! Hilary - that's so exciting to be quoted like that. And we're practically neighbors (I'm just the other side of the lake from you) - we should meet up at Shedd for the day sometime with some other BBB mamas. I bet we'd all have fun. Aren't there a few regional groups that do meet-ups? I know the New England group does. We should see if there is any interest in starting a greater Chicago meet-up. Anyone? Anyone?

NancyJ_redo
11-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Congratulations Tara! I hope your 9 months are easy and enjoyable. And congrats Hillary for the honorable mention! It's a long article, so page 3 for the Cliff Notes crowd who want to skip ahead :P

C99
11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
There is a Chicago BBB e-mail list, although I think Hilary has chosen not to be a part of it. If anyone local is interested, just send me a PM or e-mail and I'll add you to the list!

momathome
11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Congrats on number 3, Tara! Wow, Hilary, how fab for you to be quoted in the article - everyone will know you now. :)

wagner36
11-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I haven't been around in ages (since our big move earlier this year), but I hope to be around more now that we're expecting #3. I will need all of the updated baby gear, of course (though DH will probably kill me if I buy yet another stroller)!

Anyway, I saw this article about our beloved BBB in the news, and thought I would share!

http://www.westword.com/2007-10-18/news/baby-bargains-dishes-dirt/1

Jo..
11-09-2007, 10:09 PM
That's a HUGE article for the BBB.

And Fairy, that's so cool! Can I have your autograph :D ?

ETA: congratulations on #3!

Jenn98
11-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Awesome! I didn't know there was a Chicago group. I'm a teensy bit far from Chicago, but not too far. How often do you guys get together? Hilary - you should totally come join with me! I love meeting BBB mamas - think of the fun we'd all have :)

MelissaTC
11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Cool! TFS. :)

I remember the first time I saw the BBB mentioned on the Today Show back when M was a baby. I was so excited. LOL.

Fairy
11-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Guys. Actually, the article's pretty interesting, as it really covers quite a bit of how the Fields got where they are today. I love their answer to where they go from here. They're kind of like, well, uh ... funerals? I mean, I know it's not serious (well, don't quote me or nuthin'), but really, that's a market that needs their consumer activism. Having just been involved in a funeral situation, lemme tell ya, there's alot of parsing thru chaotic content to be had there, so I read that and thought to myself, ya know, hmm . . .

I'm not part of the BBB Chicago folks. Not opposed, just kind of out of hours in the day. However, if I get more time, I may contact you, Caroline! And Jen, the Shedd is one of my faves. I never get tired of it. Every time we try to go with DS, we miss feeding time. D'oh!

As for getting quoted, hey, the secret's totally out! Having been a reporter, myself, I it was weird to see me as the one giving the quote, rather than the one taking it. And Jo, happy to send you my autograph. See eBay for the auction; it's going like hotcakes!

-- Fairy

fortato
11-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Could I trade my son for the autograph...

I bet I could get more on Ebay for it.

Fairy
11-10-2007, 12:11 AM
>Could I trade my son for the autograph...

Not a fair trade. Your son is way cuter than my messy signature. I'd totally get the better end of the deal.

Corie
11-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Congratulations, Fairy!!

Now you're famous! :)

It must be very cool to see your name and quote
in print. I never say anything quotable!!

And Tara, Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

brigmaman
11-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Congratulations, Tara!
Liz, it's good to "see" you again, too! I have been thinking of you and the kids. :)

brigmaman
11-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Congratulations, Tara!
Liz, it's good to "see" you again, too! I have been thinking of you and the kids. :)

candybomiller
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Trish! Haven't seen you in forever! How are the kids?

candybomiller
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Trish! Haven't seen you in forever! How are the kids?

fortato
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah... that's what you think.

Do you ever have to worry about your signature eating dog kibble??

fortato
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah... that's what you think.

Do you ever have to worry about your signature eating dog kibble??