PDA

View Full Version : How to prove authenticity?

smzapalac
11-10-2007, 12:45 AM
How do you prove authenticity of a designer handbag? I received a wonderful designer purse from my DH. He ordered it online from Xpress Designer. They guarantee authenticity, it looks real, however, for some reason, I have my doubts. And for what my DH paid for this purse, I need to know this purse is the real deal. I called the designer bag store at my local mall and they were useless. They say they don't register their purses and the collantro (sp?) card numbers for the purses are all the same. Sounds so odd to me. If you know how to tell a real from a fake, please let me know.

DDowning
11-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Another poster tipped me off to this site - http://www.purseblog.com

Go to the forums after you register and look for the threads that say Authenticate this bag. The ladies there REALLY know their handbags and I bet they can help you out in a sec!

Fairy
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Another thing you can do is call the customer service department of the bag manufacturer, and they can tell you based on several indicators. If it's Louis, you may have a hard time getting anyone in the US, tho . . .

Fairy
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Another thing you can do is call the customer service department of the bag manufacturer, and they can tell you based on several indicators. If it's Louis, you may have a hard time getting anyone in the US, tho . . .