PDA

View Full Version : What are some of your *least* favorite movies?

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Or, even ones you would go so far to say you hate? I can't remember if we discussed this recently or not. Sorry if this is a repeat!!

I was just thinking of this as I was browsing through the TV options this afternoon.

Off the top of my head...

2001: A Space Odyssey
AI
Legends of the Fall
Frequency**
Napoleon Dynamite (I totally don't get the appeal of this movie)
A Clockwork Orange

**ETC- Dh informed me that we have never seen Frequency. The movie I am thinking of is Contact.

ETA- The Devil's Advocate (Al Pacino...this movie really disturbed me and stuck with me way too long)
dh says my list wouldn't be complete without Daredevil

any graphic human war movies (I don't react the same way to battles in movies like The Lord of the Rings)
any movie with mentally ill people being treated badly

Beth

LarsMal
11-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I swear, the majority of the movies we've gotten from Net Flix recently have stunk, big time! There have been a few that we've even stopped in the middle. Of course I can't even think of what they are right now.

The only one I can come up with off the top of my head is:

Gangs of New York

ETA: And pretty much anything with Nicole Kidman and/or Renee Zelweger (except Bridget Jones' Diary).

lmintzer
11-10-2007, 04:19 PM
When I was in high school, my best friend and I had a habit of renting some really bad movies. We didn't read reviews back then--we just read the backs of the videos. There was one called "Audrey Rose" (a horror flick) that was so bad! I even remember a quote from it: "I saw her burn her hands on a cold window!" (said a shocked, overly dramatic delivery).

punkrockmama
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Enough starring Jennifer Lopez. Basically anything with Jenny has fantastic odds of being a super turkey.

Premonition with Sandra Bullock. Even with the hotness that is Julian McMahon that movie was DUMB. Strangley, I loved The Lakehouse.

The Exorcist. I simply cannot handle this flick. I hate it because it will freak me out for D.A.Y.S.

Vanilla Sky. Foreign films get ruined by Hollywood. This is a great example of that.

I could go on and on,lol....

MelissaTC
11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
I hated "The Hours". Hated hated hated it. It made me feel so bummed.

I can not handle movies like "Hotel Rwanda". I wouldn't be able to sleep for days. I lasted 10 minutes into "Apocalypto" because there was a horrific killing spree and it included someone holding a baby by his/her leg. Enough for me! I can not handle graphic human mistreatment or war scenes. But I am with Beth- I like Lord of the Rings. In fact, DH and I are in the middle of watching "300" and I am digging that!

maestramommy
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, I don't know if this counts if you haven't actually seen the movies, but I can't stand movies that include torture, mistreatment of children or babies, and bloodbath killings, like something I would expect to see on "Apocalypto." I thought I was being sensitive when I was preggo, but now that I have 2 kids I REALLY can't stand it.

Loved 2001 Space Odyssey though LOL!

Fairy
11-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I had the great misfortune to discover this movie at the tender age of 8 on a Saturday morning by myself. I was positively terrified, and to this day, I think about it. That said, I was fascinated with it at the same time as being terrified and do consider it a movie I really like. But I won't watch it again ;-)

Fairy
11-10-2007, 06:40 PM
>Basically anything with
>Jenny has fantastic odds of being a super turkey.

Yeah, but ya know what got castrated by everyone but I think really didn't deserve the ripping? Jersey Girl. I thought that was adorable. I think it just suffered from Bennifer I Backlash. Poor Ben, too.

Fairy
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I couldn't stand that one with DeNiro and Juliette Lewis where he's the nut and she's the young teen. I forget the name, it was a remake. Having brain freeze. Too lazy to IMDB. Really really really hated that movie.

The other one that comes to mind as one I hated was The Perfect Storm.

*HERE THERE BE SPOILERS*
At the end I was like, what?! That's IT?! WTF?! I invested alot of time on my ass in that showing, and what do I have to show for it? Depression. Great.
*HERE THUS END SPOILERS*

I join you in having disliked AI, mainly cuz I cried my eyes out and could not stop and got sick. To abandon a child -- or *child* -- or even a dog. Then that endless praying to the blue fairy. I couldn't take it. Just broke me.

Then there was another Kubrick goodie, that funky thing with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman with that orgy scene that was a great big nothing. Taht was one dumb movie. It's Kubrick; wasn't a fan of the Kubrick direction.

I also join you in not being a huge fan of Legends of the Fall. I didn't get the appeal of that oen at all. Icky Icky Poo.

wencit
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I am quite possibly the only person on this planet who hated The Princess Bride. I thought it was a stupid movie with stupid humor. Sorry.

Another one that comes to mind is Event Horizon -- a science fiction movie with gory horror. Not a good combo for me, since I really dislike both of those.

dr mom
11-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Mystic River. I couldn't get past the beginning - I know it won an Academy Award, but I was so horrified by the cop/pedophile abducting the little boy that I had to turn it off.

I can't watch anything with violence against children, and even child neglect/poverty/hunger really turns my stomach. Now that I'm a mother, I feel responsible for the welfare of children EVERYWHERE.

Aeon Flux is another 2 hours of my life I'll never get back, it was just awful. Dune. Pretty much anything my DH rents from Netflix, LOL!

g-mama
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
"Even with the hotness that is Julian McMahon"

Sheila - great minds think alike. He is such a hottie! Love him.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

Twoboos
11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
First one that comes to mind is Mimic - Mira Sorvino battles giant bugs that take over people. Or something. Oh it was just so so bad. This came out 10 years ago so obviously it made an impression.

I am going to get some arguments about this, but just about anything with Ben Stiller. Oh look, it's Ben Stiller playing Ben Stiller again! What a shock! He is like nails on a chalkboard for me.(With the exception of Reality Bites, since that was before typical Stillerisms.)

LarsMal
11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
>Premonition with Sandra Bullock. Even with the hotness that
>is Julian McMahon that movie was DUMB. Strangley, I loved The
>Lakehouse.

ITA!!! DH and I looked at each other during Premonition and were like, "This is so dumb. They way it's happening doesn't make any sense!" We decided to just go with it and try to be entertained. We both liked The Lakehouse, though.

OH...and has anyone seen I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry? Another one of those- This would never happen like this- movies. Again, we tried to just sit back and enjoy the entertainment factor, but it was pretty stinko. I guess there was a message somewhere in there, but too many offensive gay jokes to make it worth our time.

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Ohm like daggers through the heart, I tell you, on The Princess Bride. :)

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I can take or leave Ben Stiller...but my dh and I love "Dodgeball." It's how I know we are soul mates- we will both stop on that movie if we are flipping around. And even though we have seen it a gazillion times we still laugh. :)

Beth

MamaMolly
11-10-2007, 11:38 PM
American Pie 1-30,000 (maybe it just seems like there have been that many). Yick. I just can't stand the poop eating, jerking off humor. So dumb I cringe. The only fun I have is watching DH laugh like a helium sucking donkey while he watches the thing. He actually cries. God save me!!

And Meet the Parents. It was so close to the torturous way my FIL treated me when DH and I first got together that it got my back up entirely.

Let's see... mostly anything with Tom Cruise. ITA with the Stanley Kubric movie. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was! So we have to watch Nicole pee. Big whoop. The Mission Impossible movies are like one long "I'm so hot, look at me, see my hottness" from good old Tom. I thought he was a nutter way before he jumped the sofa. What a dufus. Ick.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
Fun thread!
Molly

MamaMolly
11-10-2007, 11:38 PM
American Pie 1-30,000 (maybe it just seems like there have been that many). Yick. I just can't stand the poop eating, jerking off humor. So dumb I cringe. The only fun I have is watching DH laugh like a helium sucking donkey while he watches the thing. He actually cries. God save me!!

And Meet the Parents. It was so close to the torturous way my FIL treated me when DH and I first got together that it got my back up entirely.

Let's see... mostly anything with Tom Cruise. ITA with the Stanley Kubric movie. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was! So we have to watch Nicole pee. Big whoop. The Mission Impossible movies are like one long "I'm so hot, look at me, see my hottness" from good old Tom. I thought he was a nutter way before he jumped the sofa. What a dufus. Ick.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
Fun thread!
Molly

Fairy
11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, but you gotta admit, the flute thing was kinda funny.

See, now, I used to like Tom Cruise, and now I just shake my head. I don't care if he's a Scientologist, anit-psychologist, or simply prays to goats; I just don't get why he has to visit it all on everyone else. I also agree that alot of Tom's movies are more hype than anything else. I agree that the first couple MI movies were eh. But the last one? Ooh, I did like that one. Have you seen the South Park about Scientology and Tom Cruise refusing to come out of Stanley's closet? (or is it Kyle's?) A MUST WATCH. Go You Tube it if you have to. Must. Watch.

As for Kubrick, I'm not a Shining fan either. I loved the TV version King made himself, but can't stand the Kubrickian direction of the classic.

Fairy
11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, but you gotta admit, the flute thing was kinda funny.

See, now, I used to like Tom Cruise, and now I just shake my head. I don't care if he's a Scientologist, anit-psychologist, or simply prays to goats; I just don't get why he has to visit it all on everyone else. I also agree that alot of Tom's movies are more hype than anything else. I agree that the first couple MI movies were eh. But the last one? Ooh, I did like that one. Have you seen the South Park about Scientology and Tom Cruise refusing to come out of Stanley's closet? (or is it Kyle's?) A MUST WATCH. Go You Tube it if you have to. Must. Watch.

As for Kubrick, I'm not a Shining fan either. I loved the TV version King made himself, but can't stand the Kubrickian direction of the classic.

s7714
11-11-2007, 01:04 AM
About 80% of the movies that my DH loves...namely stupid gross humor movies like American Pie, Duce Bigalow Male Gigalow, Dodgeball, etc.

And horror movies. Blaaaaahhhh.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

s7714
11-11-2007, 01:04 AM
About 80% of the movies that my DH loves...namely stupid gross humor movies like American Pie, Duce Bigalow Male Gigalow, Dodgeball, etc.

And horror movies. Blaaaaahhhh.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

kijip
11-11-2007, 02:10 AM
I second the Princess Bride thing- I don't like that movie at all. I don't get the appeal.

I also can't watch much by Micheal Moore without falling asleep or feeling irritated. I know, I know not the most expected thing from a founder of the BBB Progressive group and resident liberal. I just sort of feel like saying, "Dude, Roger and Me was *awesome*. Loved it, it was great! Now, please stop trying to remake the movie over and over again on different topics. It is boring and formulaic".

Jeepers Creepers and the Blair Witch project are the worst movies I have ever had to watch in a theater though. I was not scared, I actually laughed at the end of the BWP and was nearly strangled by those around me. I found it so contrived though.

And my brother and I once stayed at a showing of that dumb Meg Ryan vehicle of a movie...Hanging Up. We only stayed because we were the only two people in the theater and we could openly mock it and groan without bugging the non-existent other ticket buyers. :P

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little 4 year old munchkin Toby.
The butter melts out of habit, you know the toast isn't even warm. -Ani DiFranco

kijip
11-11-2007, 02:10 AM
I second the Princess Bride thing- I don't like that movie at all. I don't get the appeal.

I also can't watch much by Micheal Moore without falling asleep or feeling irritated. I know, I know not the most expected thing from a founder of the BBB Progressive group and resident liberal. I just sort of feel like saying, "Dude, Roger and Me was *awesome*. Loved it, it was great! Now, please stop trying to remake the movie over and over again on different topics. It is boring and formulaic".

Jeepers Creepers and the Blair Witch project are the worst movies I have ever had to watch in a theater though. I was not scared, I actually laughed at the end of the BWP and was nearly strangled by those around me. I found it so contrived though.

And my brother and I once stayed at a showing of that dumb Meg Ryan vehicle of a movie...Hanging Up. We only stayed because we were the only two people in the theater and we could openly mock it and groan without bugging the non-existent other ticket buyers. :P

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little 4 year old munchkin Toby.
The butter melts out of habit, you know the toast isn't even warm. -Ani DiFranco

kellij
11-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Mulland Drive. I was angry when it was over because I felt like it actually caused me to lose brain cells watching it.

I'm with you on Napoleon Dynamite. I didn't get it the first time around, so I thought I'd try again to see if it was just my mood. It wasn't.

City of Angels. Seriously? I sat through the whole movie and THAT is how it ends. Great.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks. Unless I really want to cry for the next four hours, it's best to avoid those movies. I would get sucked in, thinking they looked like sweet romantic movies; not so much. As long as you think it's sweet when you're totally in love and everyone dies tragically.

The Last Kiss was pretty annoying too.

kellij
11-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Mulland Drive. I was angry when it was over because I felt like it actually caused me to lose brain cells watching it.

I'm with you on Napoleon Dynamite. I didn't get it the first time around, so I thought I'd try again to see if it was just my mood. It wasn't.

City of Angels. Seriously? I sat through the whole movie and THAT is how it ends. Great.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks. Unless I really want to cry for the next four hours, it's best to avoid those movies. I would get sucked in, thinking they looked like sweet romantic movies; not so much. As long as you think it's sweet when you're totally in love and everyone dies tragically.

The Last Kiss was pretty annoying too.

cvanbrunt
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Titanic. I'm pretty sure the actual sinking of the ship didn't take as long as that movie. And Forrest Gump. It's the overly-endearing, tug at your heartstrings movies that I tend to hate. That means anything with Meg Ryan.

I'm with everyone on the graphic violence. Too upsetting.

-Carrie

cvanbrunt
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Titanic. I'm pretty sure the actual sinking of the ship didn't take as long as that movie. And Forrest Gump. It's the overly-endearing, tug at your heartstrings movies that I tend to hate. That means anything with Meg Ryan.

I'm with everyone on the graphic violence. Too upsetting.

-Carrie

DrSally
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I can't remember any movies I've loathed, but I remember going to the theater to watch "Reindeer Games" with Ben Affleck, and thinking this is so horrible. It literally seemed like the script had been written by a 17 year old high school student. One of the few times I've thought, why am I sitting here.

ETA: " join you in having disliked AI, mainly cuz I cried my eyes out and could not stop and got sick. To abandon a child -- or *child* -- or even a dog. Then that endless praying to the blue fairy. I couldn't take it. Just broke me."

I have to say I liked AI, but tend to go for movies with a tragic element. Yes, the abandonment scene and the endless praying for the blue fairy were major heartbreakers. I was weeping like a water faucet during that one, I think DH thought I was nuts.

DrSally
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I can't remember any movies I've loathed, but I remember going to the theater to watch "Reindeer Games" with Ben Affleck, and thinking this is so horrible. It literally seemed like the script had been written by a 17 year old high school student. One of the few times I've thought, why am I sitting here.

ETA: " join you in having disliked AI, mainly cuz I cried my eyes out and could not stop and got sick. To abandon a child -- or *child* -- or even a dog. Then that endless praying to the blue fairy. I couldn't take it. Just broke me."

I have to say I liked AI, but tend to go for movies with a tragic element. Yes, the abandonment scene and the endless praying for the blue fairy were major heartbreakers. I was weeping like a water faucet during that one, I think DH thought I was nuts.

denna
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
My Top Hated Movies:

Open Water
Dreamcatcher
Taladegga Nights (most Will Ferrel movies)

Im sure there are a TON more but I cant really remember right now.

denna
My Top Hated Movies:

Open Water
Dreamcatcher
Taladegga Nights (most Will Ferrel movies)

Im sure there are a TON more but I cant really remember right now.

denna
Sorry

denna
Sorry

denna
Sorry again.

denna
Sorry again.

Tracey
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
There are a lot of crappy movies out there, so it is really hard to choose. A lot of these were rentals. You know how you walk into Blockbuster and roam around looking for something decent and wind up just picking out something in desperation...this method has produced some real stinnkers. Here are some movies that I remember hating:

Godfather III ---amazing that this piece of trash was produced

Natural Born Killers --- "Hey this was nominated for some awards, let's rent it." H-A-T-E-D it and turned it off.

Eyes Wide Shut---stupid, as was Vanilla Sky

any Monty Python movie

All the Pretty Horses

City of Angels

Tracey
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
There are a lot of crappy movies out there, so it is really hard to choose. A lot of these were rentals. You know how you walk into Blockbuster and roam around looking for something decent and wind up just picking out something in desperation...this method has produced some real stinnkers. Here are some movies that I remember hating:

Godfather III ---amazing that this piece of trash was produced

Natural Born Killers --- "Hey this was nominated for some awards, let's rent it." H-A-T-E-D it and turned it off.

Eyes Wide Shut---stupid, as was Vanilla Sky

any Monty Python movie

All the Pretty Horses

City of Angels

katydid1971
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
There are so many bad movies out there but three I think are so totally overrated and everyone loves are:

-Pretty Woman, because if you are a nice enough hooker your millionaire prince will come save you. YUCK!!!!
-Forrest Gump, I just didn't think it was a very good movie, sorry.
-Sound of Music, I want to throw Julie Andrews off that cliff at the start and end it there, its just too sweet for words.

I know I know, how could you not LOVE those movies, well I don't. Sorry. :)
Sarah

katydid1971
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
There are so many bad movies out there but three I think are so totally overrated and everyone loves are:

-Pretty Woman, because if you are a nice enough hooker your millionaire prince will come save you. YUCK!!!!
-Forrest Gump, I just didn't think it was a very good movie, sorry.
-Sound of Music, I want to throw Julie Andrews off that cliff at the start and end it there, its just too sweet for words.

I know I know, how could you not LOVE those movies, well I don't. Sorry. :)
Sarah

Piglet
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Forrest Gump is one of those movies that I dislike more and more every time I watch it. I liked it at first and now I can't stand it. I have seen it 3 or 4 times and don't plan to see it again.

Marina

Mommy to
DS1 A 07/14/01
DS2 K 03/10/05
DD1 A 05/08/07

http://by.lilypie.com/Jz7Qm6/.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UqL2m6.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/O20wm6.png

Piglet
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Forrest Gump is one of those movies that I dislike more and more every time I watch it. I liked it at first and now I can't stand it. I have seen it 3 or 4 times and don't plan to see it again.

Marina

Mommy to
DS1 A 07/14/01
DS2 K 03/10/05
DD1 A 05/08/07

Piglet
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I HATE the Cider House Rules. HATE IT!

I also walked out of Pulp Fiction and really disliked Outbreak (Dustin Hoffman) - everyone in that movie gets sick because someone is coughing in a movie theatre... not so fun to think about when watching the movie in a theatre and everyone is coughing around you, LOL!

I also can not watch Holocaust movies. I forced myself to watch Schindler's List and cried through the ENTIRE movie. So maybe it is more accurate to say I listened to Schindler's List. Hits too close to home.

I will sit through just about any gross-out comedy, though. I have never laughed so much as when we saw American Pie in the theatre (back when we went out to the movies). We were there with some German exchange students and we kept having to explain it all to them, but it was SO funny and so crude that the jokes were always lost on them. In the last few years the only movies we saw in the theatre were Talladega Nights and the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Marina

Mommy to
DS1 A 07/14/01
DS2 K 03/10/05
DD1 A 05/08/07

Piglet
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I HATE the Cider House Rules. HATE IT!

I also walked out of Pulp Fiction and really disliked Outbreak (Dustin Hoffman) - everyone in that movie gets sick because someone is coughing in a movie theatre... not so fun to think about when watching the movie in a theatre and everyone is coughing around you, LOL!

I also can not watch Holocaust movies. I forced myself to watch Schindler's List and cried through the ENTIRE movie. So maybe it is more accurate to say I listened to Schindler's List. Hits too close to home.

I will sit through just about any gross-out comedy, though. I have never laughed so much as when we saw American Pie in the theatre (back when we went out to the movies). We were there with some German exchange students and we kept having to explain it all to them, but it was SO funny and so crude that the jokes were always lost on them. In the last few years the only movies we saw in the theatre were Talladega Nights and the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Marina

Mommy to
DS1 A 07/14/01
DS2 K 03/10/05
DD1 A 05/08/07

gatorsmom
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I used to be a fan of Tom Cruise too. I really, really loved A Few Good Men. I thought the acting in that was incredible. I thought Top Gun was fun and so was Risky Business. But his latest stuff stinks.

Oh, and I find Kubrick stuff disturbing as well.

gatorsmom
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I used to be a fan of Tom Cruise too. I really, really loved A Few Good Men. I thought the acting in that was incredible. I thought Top Gun was fun and so was Risky Business. But his latest stuff stinks.

Oh, and I find Kubrick stuff disturbing as well.

gatorsmom
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Hated:

Fight Club
Napoleon Dynamite
Vanilla Sky
That stupid, demeaning Borat movie. I think it is shameful how he treats these average people who are kind to him and try to help him.
The Butterfly Effect (is that the name?) with Ashton Kutcher- any movie with child abuse as entertainment outrages me
Most Woody Allen movies except Match Point

Oh- and is it possible to love and hate a movie at the same time? Because I LOVED Schindler's List but I could never watch it a second time. (ATTENTION SPOILER) I loved that all those people were saved but I'd probably focus on all the horror of it the second time around.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

gatorsmom
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Hated:

Fight Club
Napoleon Dynamite
Vanilla Sky
That stupid, demeaning Borat movie. I think it is shameful how he treats these average people who are kind to him and try to help him.
The Butterfly Effect (is that the name?) with Ashton Kutcher- any movie with child abuse as entertainment outrages me
Most Woody Allen movies except Match Point

Oh- and is it possible to love and hate a movie at the same time? Because I LOVED Schindler's List but I could never watch it a second time. (ATTENTION SPOILER) I loved that all those people were saved but I'd probably focus on all the horror of it the second time around.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

momathome
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I remember years ago renting the movie "If Lucy Fell" with Sarah Jessica Parker and had to turn it off half-way through, it was so bad. A movie that got great reviews that dh and I hated was The Ice Storm - weird, boring, and you end up saying WTF through most of the movie. Just bizarre.

momathome
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I remember years ago renting the movie "If Lucy Fell" with Sarah Jessica Parker and had to turn it off half-way through, it was so bad. A movie that got great reviews that dh and I hated was The Ice Storm - weird, boring, and you end up saying WTF through most of the movie. Just bizarre.

katydid1971
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Admit it you watch Top Gun for the volley ball scene. That's the only reason I watch it. Take off that shirt Val Kilmore!!! :)
Sarah

katydid1971
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Admit it you watch Top Gun for the volley ball scene. That's the only reason I watch it. Take off that shirt Val Kilmore!!! :)
Sarah

Fairy
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
>any Monty Python movie

Oh ... so sad. Love Monty Python. Holy Grail? One of my faves.

Fairy
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
>any Monty Python movie

Oh ... so sad. Love Monty Python. Holy Grail? One of my faves.

nrp
11-11-2007, 11:02 PM
The Fountain with Hugh Jackman. Truly horrible. That is two hours of my life I really wish I could have back.

nrp
The Fountain with Hugh Jackman. Truly horrible. That is two hours of my life I really wish I could have back.

nrp

nrp

pb&j
11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Meet Joe Black (w/Brad Pitt). I refer to it as Meet Joe Crap.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

pb&j
11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Meet Joe Black (w/Brad Pitt). I refer to it as Meet Joe Crap.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

mama2g03
11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Worst of all time: Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves. Luckily we rented it so I quit watching well before half way through. DH watched the whole thing. I think he felt obligated since he picked it out. Only movie I ever walked out of a theater before it was over: Magnolia. Painful!
A few others: Battlefield Earth, Anchorman, Borat, Species

mama2g03
11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Worst of all time: Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves. Luckily we rented it so I quit watching well before half way through. DH watched the whole thing. I think he felt obligated since he picked it out. Only movie I ever walked out of a theater before it was over: Magnolia. Painful!
A few others: Battlefield Earth, Anchorman, Borat, Species

ilovetivo
11-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Only movie I ever walked out of a theater
>before it was over: Magnolia. Painful!
>

I HATED HATED HATED DESPISED that movie. I wish i could have ran our screaming! But I was with my in-laws to be at that time.

I still hate Tom Cruise b/c of it, and other things just add to it.

Also Clockwork Orange.

ilovetivo
11-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Only movie I ever walked out of a theater
>before it was over: Magnolia. Painful!
>

I HATED HATED HATED DESPISED that movie. I wish i could have ran our screaming! But I was with my in-laws to be at that time.

I still hate Tom Cruise b/c of it, and other things just add to it.

Also Clockwork Orange.

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
I bailed on Magnolia after maybe 20 minutes. We were at a hotel with friends and one of them pay per viewed it. Thank goodness they hadn't done it in my room.

Dh stayed to watch and said he wanted that part of his life back. It sounds just terrible.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
I bailed on Magnolia after maybe 20 minutes. We were at a hotel with friends and one of them pay per viewed it. Thank goodness they hadn't done it in my room.

Dh stayed to watch and said he wanted that part of his life back. It sounds just terrible.

Beth

gatorsmom
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
mmm..hmm.. I LOVED the way they had those guys all smeared up with oil- their chests glistening. Definite eye candy...

jhamman
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Please don't forget the mind-numbing awfulness of the "Jackass" movies
(derived from the mind-numbingly awful MTV series of the same name).

Why do so many guys like this movie so much?

Ceepa
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
There is something seriously wrong with this movie. The guys in the movie are way too interested in one another's bodily functions and "parts".

Fairy
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
You sat thru that thing?

randomkid
11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Any of those dumb (and dumber) movies that are supposed to be funny - think Will Ferrell (although Elf is cute), Jim Carey, Ben Stiller and that lot. Those really ridiculous "comedies" that DH thinks are hilarious and I just find immature and insipid.

I also hate those gory and super scary movies that are just out of control. You know, the kind that make Texas Chainsaw Massacre seem tame.

Tracey
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Sadly, time marches on.

http://www.delirity.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/val-kilmer-fat.jpg

katydid1971
11-13-2007, 02:28 AM
ROTFLOL!!!!!