PDA

View Full Version : Stain removal for IKEA markers??

SASM
11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
DD has already ruined two t-shirts and today she drew on a brand-new just-removed-the-tag-before-nap sweater (Thanks, DH!!). I have tried Zout, Clorox 2, and possibly BIZ, without any luck. Has anyone successfully removed this stubborn IMPOSSIBLE stain? I cannot even lighten it a little. :(

TIA (I hope). I am a stain freak and this is driving me nuts!

bubbaray
11-10-2007, 09:18 PM
OH NO! I have those markers.... Guess they won't be a stocking stuffer!

My stain removal tricks are (in order of first line, then up to more stubborn stains): Spray & Wash Advanced (leave overnight), Dawn with Oxy dish detergent (leave overnight), combine S&W and Dawn (again, leave overnight), oxyclean (leave 30 minutes, then keep trying and leaving on longer -- overnight can completely remove the fabric color, so be careful). IIRC, you can also try rubbing alcohol on markers.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

SASM
11-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Melissa,

THANK YOU!! I forgot to mention that, I think, they are the dry erase markers. And...I got to the stain pretty early this time and it looks a lot better than in the past. UGH!!! I keep hiding the markers and DH keeps whipping them out ~ UGH!!!!

Radosti
11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
For pen and markets (esp the dry erase markers) I always put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and rub at the stain. Alcohol, by nature, dissolves ink.

bubbaray
11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
So, which removal method worked for you????

I've had some nasty experiences with dry erase markers. Someone needs to invent washable dry erase markers.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Corie
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
My daughter had a dark blue dry erase marker stain on her
brand-new HA leggings. I was so sad.

I finally tried the Fels Naptha soap. It was recommended to
me by Colleen (colleenfs). It worked!

I wet down her leggings and rubbed in the Fels Naptha soap.
Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then re-washed the
leggings. All gone!