PDA

View Full Version : ? for those who had Gall Bladders removed

BaileyBea
11-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I have a question for those ladies who have had their gall bladders removed?

Short story: Had GB removed nearly 2.5 years ago. I have had really bad bronchitis and each time I cough my right side close to where my GB was hurts really badly and last night it kept me up for a while.

Is this normal? I am a little concerned since it's been over 2 years since I have had phantom GB pains. At this point I am starting to feel like it's something more serious.

TIA...

Nancy

BaileyBea
11-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I have a question for those ladies who have had their gall bladders removed?

Short story: Had GB removed nearly 2.5 years ago. I have had really bad bronchitis and each time I cough my right side close to where my GB was hurts really badly and last night it kept me up for a while.

Is this normal? I am a little concerned since it's been over 2 years since I have had phantom GB pains. At this point I am starting to feel like it's something more serious.

TIA...

Nancy

trumansmom
11-12-2007, 01:02 AM
I had mine out 10 years or so ago. I've never felt a thing since. I'd go see your doc. Perhaps you have some weird scarring? I have no idea, but if you're feeling that much pain, you should have it seen about.

Good luck -

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom
11-12-2007, 01:02 AM
I had mine out 10 years or so ago. I've never felt a thing since. I'd go see your doc. Perhaps you have some weird scarring? I have no idea, but if you're feeling that much pain, you should have it seen about.

Good luck -

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

AngelaS
11-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I have pain over my belly button incision site, but I attribute that more to the hernia repair that I had to have AFTER my GB removal. :P

Melanie
11-14-2007, 03:44 AM
I had mine out 5 years ago, and I've not experienced anything like that. I had some kind of heinous phantom, or otherwise, pain in the hours after the surgery when they swore to me they'd taken my GB out and it couldn't still be hurting me, but not since.

teddy
11-14-2007, 04:27 AM
I had mine out last September (2006) and have not felt pain as you described.

BaileyBea
11-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Thank you gals! I decided to see a Dr.

The pains along with bronchitis I can't kick has worn me out. I think there is something else wrong but we'll see. So my appt is on Friday.

Thanks again! I feel better just knowing this pain is not normal.

Nancy