PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Baby Shower for a Teacher

Kungjo
11-15-2007, 11:53 PM
DD #1's Kindergarten teacher is due in January and we're thinking of a baby shower for her. There are two teachers in the class and I was talking to the other one and she mentioned that she was trying to do a party type deal for her. It would be during a school day and she really wanted some ideas that would be fun for the kids. I guess we're looking for suggestions as to what the kids could do in terms of making something for her and such. We really want the kids in the class to give her something that she would treasure. Or perhaps some activities during that time that involved a baby like theme? Something for a baby shower, but more in terms of ideas to make something or do something at the Kindergarten level that the kids and adults would enjoy together. Am I making any sense or am I just rambling? :-)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I was just thinking straight away that the kids would probably love to do that game where you guess how many squares of toilet paper it would take to go around her belly. Maybe they could later in the day count up for their bellies too. From my experience w/ ds they love guessing games and numbers. :)

Could the kids help to cut out sandwiches into shapes like duckies, gingerbread boys or girls, and other cute shapes? Wasn't sure they could do this covertly or not.

Hmmm...I'll have to think a bit.

ETA- I love the ideas of the other posters! One that came to me was from a bridal shower ds' class had for their teacher last year. They asked all the kids like a week before what marriage meant to them. Their answers were awesome! One of the other teachers put the replies into a little book for the bride. Maybe they could ask what being a parent meant- or give her advice on how to be a good parent (I bet you would get some great answers there :)).

Beth

JBaxter
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Want to get messy?

Get a cotton baby blanket and have them do fabric paint in hand prints.... use the sponge alphabet letters and do HELPING HANDS at the top. Im sure it will be more for memories than use but she will remember the class.

LarsMal
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
When I had DS, my class threw me a shower. They went with a theme of "blankets, bibs, and more" or something like that. They took up a collection and gave me a gift card to BBBaby, which was great- enough to buy my Dutalier glider! The kids could also give a personal gift- blankets, bibs, small toys/rattles, etc. They put them in this GREAT rolling toy box that one of my parents painted. I guess you could even have the kids paint it if you wanted them to participate. I love the toy box, and think of my class often when I look at it.

I like Beth's idea of having the kids play a game, or having the kids cut out sandwich shapes. Honestly, though, my "shower" was so out of control that it was enough for me just to look at the gifts and have some cake!

Have fun, though! I'm sure the teacher will appreciate whatever you do!

BeachBum
11-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I think this would take some serious planning on the part of the adults, but...
I think having the kids make a mobile would be super cool. The kids could each make a "dangle" It would be best if the adults could have the wire part pre-constructed, but I guess it could be assembled later.

I think beads, paper pieces, clay things, etc etc could be the items the kids constructed to go on there.

teachermommy
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I think it would be fun if you could buy enough onesies and fabric paint for each student to decorate one for the new baby. It would be a good idea to get the onesies in various sizes so she won't have twenty-five 0-3 monthes! Also you could get a package of diapers, open it, and let each student draw a picture or add a message on the diaper. Then put them in a nice basket for the teacher to use when needed. This will be entertaining for the kids, and provide a smile for the teacher during all those diaper changes.

Kungjo
11-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I love the idea of the book from the kids. Kids say the funniest things at that age. I know that they will come up with some interesting stuff since most of them have younger siblings.

Thanks.

Kungjo
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow You got some great presents. Don't know how many parents I can get to participate so will see about the gift card. I really like Beth's idea of the sandwiches too.

Thanks Beth! Forgot to mention that as well.

Kungjo
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
A mobile to hang in the baby room.... That's a cute idea. Will have to run it by the other teacher to see if she wants to do that.

Thanks!

Kungjo
11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
That's a great idea. Really like the idea of the onesie. If we were to do the drawing on the diapers, what should we use to draw on them? Any suggestion?

Thanks