PDA

View Full Version : Christmas events with kids in Boston?

vwh99
11-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Well, it looks like my mom-in-law won out and now I have to drag 2 kids up to Boston for Xmas (4y and 15mo). Anyone have any favorite holiday type things to do up there? My MIL had suggested the mall (yikes!) but I want to avoid that with the kids if possible.

Thanks!

Val

Tondi G
11-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I love this website to look into activities etc in major cities!

http://gocitykids.parentsconnect.com/?area=194

mommy111
11-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Lots of stuff! Boston is great around Christmas!
We used to love walking around Fanuiel Hall, it was all festive around Christmas, lots of outside stuff but also you can be indoors if it gets too cilly. The kids love the lights in Beacon Hill, we would stop for hot chocolate or crepes at one of the little cafes on Cambridge street.
They will LOVE the Boston common and park, take them to the frog pond for ice skating, especially on a sunny day. And if you want indoors, non-Christmassy stuff to do, there is always the Children's museum, a walk by the Charles or the Museum of science which the kids will love.
Can't think of anything else yet, except that we would visit my parents in Boston around Christmas every year and have the best time. And Boston is one of the most stroller and kid-friendly cities in the country (I think it was rated # 1 or 2 as a place to travel with kids and wrt stroller friendliness). I hope you have a great time despite the in-laws!!!!