PDA

View Full Version : Mattress help and an Ikea question

Jenn98
11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I need 3 mattresses in the near future. One is for DH and myself (a queen) and the other two are for a set of bunkbeds. I have two questions:

1. What kind of mattress do you have and do you love it?

2. If you have an Ikea mattress would you rec it? We're thinking of getting the mattresses for the bunkbeds there.

SnuggleBuggles
11-19-2007, 07:48 PM
We have been really happy with our Tempurpedic. I think we calculated that we have had it 8 years now. Dh thought though that he wouldn't buy one again because you couldn't flip it. It is wearing but not enough to qualify for help under the warranty and not enough to really be an issue. His idea would be to buy a regular foam mattress and a Tempurpedic pad for on top. That way you could rotate (or even replace) the mattress part if you needed to. The Tempurpedic pad should provide good support. I'm not totally sold on his idea. I just know that I am always happy to come home from vacations and sleep in my own bed, even if I had been at a really nice home or hotel they just don't measure up.

ETA- just realized that ds' mattress (a hand me down) is from IKEA. It is a box spring/ mattress combo and it is holding up very well. I believe it is 7-9 years old.

Happy shopping!!

Beth

Tondi G
11-19-2007, 09:25 PM
We have an almost 3 year old Stearns and Foster set for our King bed and it is very nice! The boys have sealy mattresses bought from Costco for their bunkbeds! Again we are quite happy with the costco mattresses and the price is good!

~Tondi

npace19147
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
We just bought the most expensive Ikea latex foam mattress for ourselves and have been very happy with it. Wouldn't recommend their slatted bed bases though, a pain in the a$$. We returned that and got their boxspring instread.