PDA

View Full Version : No periods for two months and not pregnant?

kusumat
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
After a year of breastfeeding, I decided to stop because we tried to have another baby. My first period after the delivery was 11 months after. Then, it hasn't been regular(32-45 days) since.

It has been 5 months since I stopped the BF. I went to see the doctor and got the blood tests. Everything seems to be normal. We are getting worried. Any thoughts?

TIA!

LarsMal
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Were they regular before you had your baby? My cycles are anywhere from 30 (very rare) to 90 days. It's frustrating, but it's always been like the for me- before kids and after breastfeeding.

Good luck, I hope you figure something out!

tiapam
11-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Maybe retest for pregnancy? I think I have read posts here about false negatives. Also, if you did not get it done already, I would ask for thyroid tests. That can affect your period.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

scoop22
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
i never got my period after going off the pill. i went off aug. 2004 and finally went to the dr. in nov. they did lots of blood tests and of course a pg test, found nothing. two weeks later i went back due to some pains and found out i was pregnant.(8 weeks) so it is possible. did the dr. have any suggestions? i would express my concerns again to the dr and see what he/she has to say. good luck. it can be frustrating.

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/WtLfm4.png

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
My body is just wonky and my cycles are long. I think it can take time after the weaning to have all the hormones readjust.

I hadn't just weaned but I got my IUD out last Nov. (end of month), got a pd in Dec. 2 weeks later then nothing all January. I went through so many HPTs! Pd finally came mid Feb.. Then it didn't come at all in March and I figured I was on an every other month cycle...but I was pg!

I wouldn't worry too much yet. Too soon, imo. I do agree with the general blood work up but it sounds like you might have had that already.

GL!
Beth

Ceepa
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
It took me a few months for my cycle to restart after weaning and even then it was irregular for a while.

-Ceepa

denna
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry OP to hijack but I just wanted to say that I am having the same experience as Beth. I had my IUD removed in June we are TTC and I had normal'ish' periods until recently, my LMP was 9/20 and I have gotten nothing but negative PTs. Im heading to the gyno tomorrow to see if there is anything to be concerned (or happy) :) about.

Glad to see Im not the only one that had this experience w/ the IUD. So you became pregnant about 4 mos after the IUD was removed?

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM
November cycle was already done when I had it out so let's see...
December- pd
Jan- nothing but frustration
Feb- pd
March- nothing but positive HPT beginning of April

Yep, 4 months sounds right. I had the copper IUD, if that makes any difference.

GL at the appt!!

Beth