PDA

View Full Version : Disney Photopass CD question??

Corie
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I just got an email from Disney with an offer to buy the
Photopass CD now which is BEFORE our vacation at 20% off.

Disney is offering it to us at $99.95 which they say is
20% off.

We are going to Disney the first part of December.

Is this a good deal? Should I buy it now or wait until
after our trip?

Help!!

Momof3Labs
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't understand the appeal of the Photopass. We take plenty of our own pictures with our own cameras. Any of the photopass photographers will use your camera to take a photo (e.g. in front of the castle when you enter MK). I guess that you can add special borders and other effects to the photos, but I'm just not into that (especially to the tune of $100). I believe that you can order photos taken on your photopass individually, if there is one that you're just dying to have.

BTW, what's the over/under on how fast this thread gets moved to the Disney board? ;)

billysmommy
11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
It depends
We went ahead and pre-ordered the photopass when we went ~ since it was just Billy and I in the parks I wanted to make sure we had lots of pictures of the two of us without having to ask people to take our picture with our camera. We were in the MK for 3 days and when we were done our photopass had >100 pictures on it. I went online and you can add borders/signatures/etc to each picture and save each one as a copy ~ I did multiple borders with each picture and ended up with >300 pics on the cd. So I felt that was pretty good for $100. We were able to get alot of Billy and I and there were a few times when I was taking a video (Billy sword-fighting with Capt Hook, for instance) and there was a photopass person there taking pictures so I was able to get both the pics and the video :) You can also ask for special pictures, they have you pose and they add in a special effect (outside the Haunted Mansion you can pose in front of the carriage and they add in a ghost, pose with your hands out and they add in Tinkerbell, pose with a sword and they add in Capt Hook, etc)

BeachBum
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Well to order pics they are $12.95 for each 5x7. So I guess it really depends on if you think you will want more than just a hand full. If you are going to be at the World for a while, and this is a big trip for your family, I think it is probably worth it.