PDA

View Full Version : Labeling glasses - is there something like wine charms but for cups?

sweetpea
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
We're going to have a houseful of people here for the holidays and I'm looking for something cute for people to use to identify their own glass.

When my nieces are here I use little stickers so they can remember what glass is theirs, I guess I could do that. Or I thought about making my own doodads using craft elastic with some decorative beads. This is such a silly dilemma, lol, but I really hate the whole "is this my glass or yours?" thing.

geochick
11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
We are boring. We use Sharpie's for adults, stickers for kids. I have never seen a charm for a glass that isn't a wine glass.

You could create some sort of clever sticker system.

hez
11-26-2007, 01:27 AM
We're boring, too :) All Sharpies, all the time for parties.

My only thought about a sticker is that a 'sweaty' glass/cup could render the adhesive on the sticker useless. Unless, of course, you're using disposable cups (like we do) and can superglue 'em on.

How about something with elastic? A garter? I'm half joking 'cause I don't know what else would work...

Good luck!

MarisaSF
11-26-2007, 02:25 AM
You're onto something with the elastic! Take a fat rubber band -- colored or plain -- and attach a charm. I'm gonna steal that. :P

JoyNChrist
11-26-2007, 03:42 AM
We always do something similar at my maternal grandmother's house...she has those fat colored rubber bands, and there's one with each of our names written in sharpie on it. When she sets the glasses out on the bar, she sits the container with the rubber bands beside it, and everyone knows to grab his or hers and put it on the glass.

It's actually become a joke in our family that once a boyfriend or girlfriend gets their own rubber band, they might as well propose, since they're officially part of the family. :-)

Pennylane
11-26-2007, 08:00 AM
They have these cute disposable cups out now that have mini chalk boards on them so you can write everyones names on their cups. I picked some up at a local party store for Thanksgiving. I don't know a brand name on them though.

Ann

elephantmeg
11-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I did the elastic bands (using stretchy bracelet cording) and bead letters with people's names for a week long family reunion. I think people really preferred just the sharpie method since the cups were washed so often and the beads had to be taken off/put on each time. But they were cute!