PDA

View Full Version : NPR's Fresh Air tonight is about toxins in daily products/homes, etc.

brittone2
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I have this book on my want-to-read list. I heard the advertisement for the show earliler today when I was listening to NPR and thought some other people here might be interested. Where I live, it airs at 7pm...not sure if that is nationwide or not.

It looks like there will be discussion of how many chemicals/products we use here, and how many of those are banned by the EU.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
It was more than halfway done when I tuned in but still interesting. The interviewee had good insights on things. His main goal was to get the info out there so people could make informed choices for themselves (which is how he justifies sometimes b/c he knows the risks).

Beth

Happy 2B mommy
11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I heard it this afternoon and have the book on reserve at our library. I was amazed that toys made in China that don't meet the EU's critia as safe are simply shipped and sold here.

Happy 2B mommy
11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I heard it this afternoon and have the book on reserve at our library. I was amazed that toys made in China that don't meet the EU's critia as safe are simply shipped and sold here.

ellies mom
11-27-2007, 12:56 AM
So, I guess the question is, how do we find the toys that meet the EU's criteria?

NancyJ_redo
11-27-2007, 02:44 AM
I didn't catch the show tonight, but I wanted to thank you Beth for always bringing such valuable information to the BBB. You're a great source of information and are always willing to share! I did a search on the board tonight on a topic addressed a year ago and in the midst of all the posts in that thread you offered great info. Thank you!

I'll look for the Fresh Air segment on the NPR website, sounds like a good one.