PDA

View Full Version : Do you use flat and fitted sheets for a toddler bed, or just fitted?

Marina
10-25-2001, 11:34 AM
I know that most toddler beds use standard crib-size mattresses. I'm wondering what kind of sheets you use for them, though. Do you just use a fitted crib sheet and a comforter? Or do you also use a flat sheet on top (like you would for a regular bed)?

If you do use a flat sheet, where can you buy these?

alandenisefields
10-26-2001, 12:30 PM
Marina,

Thanks for using our message boards.

Many manufacturers (like Lands End, for example) sell sheets seats called toddler sheets. These cover a crib mattress but come with a top sheet like a regular adult sheet set. So when you're shopping, look for the designation "toddler" on the packaging or in the catalog copy.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

momathome
10-28-2001, 10:30 AM
I was going through the same thing when I put my 2 year-old in a toddler bed and I found great sheets in the One Step Ahead catalog. They have both fitted and flat sheets, plus toddler-size pillows and pillow cases. The sheets come in both woven percale and knit and are available in a variety of colors. The thing I like best about their top sheet is that they have elastic pockets at the end like a fitted sheet so my little one can't untuck them. They cost about $15 and One Step Ahead also has them on their web-site. Good luck!
-Lauren

suzska
01-12-2002, 02:14 AM
Although I don't have them (yet), I just wanted to mention that the Lands' End flat sheets also have the elastic around them. :-) I think they also come in flannel.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

MoreThanaMom
02-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Toys R Us sells toddler bed sheet sets. The top sheet with the elastic around the bottom is usually referred to as "hugger" style. I purchase them all the time. Good luck!

Napolimom
03-26-2002, 02:53 PM
I've used the Company Store for toddler sheets...not the best quality but they're great for kids.