PDA

View Full Version : Bed Rail

mlandman
12-12-2001, 08:01 PM
Our 10 week old baby has decided he sleeps in our bed. Some of the time he sleeps between me and the edge of the bed. Eventually he'll be able to turn over and we'll need a guard rail. Most of them seem designed to work with a mattress and box spring set up. We have a platform bed; the mattress sits directly in the frame. Has anyone ever seen a guard rail that would work on our bed? Thanks.

Gamester
03-28-2002, 01:32 PM
I have a platform bed..and I used the bedrail designed to go with a regular bed and just made sure that I set the support part of the bedrail on the boards supporting the mattress. I used the softsided one by evenflo. Although it wasn't intended for a platform bed (my platform bed isn't on a solid platform but on rails) it seemed to work fine. (I wouldn't have felt comfortable with that setup for a toddler) A side note, my daughter wouldn't sleep alone for the first 8-12 weeks, but I kept trying and now she sleeps in her crib. (she just turned four months on the 24th of march). At first she would immediately cry when we put her down alone and I don't believe in crying it out so I would pick her up. But one day I put her down and she stayed asleep! We started with the bassinet and then moved to the crib. Good luck.

anadandy
03-29-2002, 10:46 AM
Please be aware that most bed rails are designed for toddlers and are not intended for use with infants. They say this right on the box. Infants can roll and become trapped between the mattress and the guardrail.

I would instead recommend buying a co-sleeper, such as the one by Arm's Reach, that is designed for infants.

http://www.armsreach.com/