PDA

View Full Version : Disney- Mickey for Kids Bedding Set- Primary w/black borders

MoreThanaMom
02-28-2002, 04:38 PM
I just learned after months of searching the usual places to find children's bedding that the sets I bought for my son are discontinued. The problem is that his baby brother is moving from the nursery into his room and I hate the thought of changing the whole decor simply because I can't find the sheets and comforter.[p]The pattern is primary stripes w/a thin border of black on one side and large 1.5'x1.5' blocks with the original disney characters bordered in black on the other. Mickey, Minney, Donald & Goofy[p]I'm told by Springmaid that their license with Disney expired in 2001, but I might find some discontinued sets elsewhere. Has anyone seen them online or otherwise? I live in Central Massachusetts. When I can take a photo later, I'll attach it. TIA.

suzska
02-28-2002, 11:30 PM
I know some people aren't crazy about the idea, but have you tried eBay? I found my son's nursery set (bumpers, crib skirt, etc.) there. It was a discontinued Boynton pattern, so I knew I could't get it anywhere else, but I always liked it and was lucky enough to get a set that was still in pretty good condition. And I managed to get it for about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a new set.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

starrynight
09-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Have you tried Homegoods or TJMaxx? Sometimes they get discontinued sets and they usually are cheaper. Also could you try the disney catalog or something? They may have a set very similar that will complement the set you have, so the decor isn't changed but it is close enought. hth