PDA

View Full Version : mattress protectors?

Lean
03-30-2002, 06:01 PM
We are getting ready to move our toddler to a big girl bed -she is 26 months and still loves her crib, and has never tried to climb out. But, we are going to get a full size bed for her, so we can use it as a guest bed on the rare occasion that we have overnight guest, she can climb in our bed and the guest can have hers.
Couple of questions - what to do about a waterproof barrier for the mattress? I have looked in a few stores, but apparently not hte right stores - any reccomendations for what to get, and where to find it?
Should I get a rail, or just put the mattress on the floor?
Any ideas on helping her make the transition? Should I wait till she wants to give up the crib, or insist on doing it now?
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Lean

anadandy
04-02-2002, 10:47 AM
Speaking as the Mom of a 25 month old that just learned how to climb out of the crib - if your daughter is happy in the crib and not trying to climb out, leave her in there as long as she wants! Once they're free to roam it opens up a whole new can of worms. :)

As for the mattress protector, we got ours at Target. They had a couple types, full covers that zipped up over the whole mattress and covers that were similar to a fitted sheet. We ended up getting one that zipped over the whole mattress because our toddler is a squirmer and a sheet-type would probably have come off.

Our mattress (twin sized) is on the floor with the box spring, but we still got bed rails - again because our toddler is an active sleeper. They were $20, also at Target.

Hope this helps,
Anne