PDA

View Full Version : best bed rail source

kk
04-02-2002, 02:25 PM
What is the best source of railings for a toddler moving into a full-size bed? The only ones I have seen are by Evenflo. Thank you.

bluedevil86
04-03-2002, 03:35 PM
I recently ordered the Smart Guard Bed Rail from www.leapsandboundscatalog.com It is 60" long instead of about 40", which is good if your toddler turns out to be a traveler in the bed at night. It also folds up to a fraction of the size and has its own pouch for traveling. I originally bought the evenflo ones, but then ordered the longer ones upon the recommendation of a friend. They are twice as expensive, however.

MinnieMouse
04-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Regalo makes one that is really long. I've seen it in the One Step Ahead catalog as well as in Right Start. They run about $40 or so. I was all set to order one (dd sleeps with us about 1/2 the time) for our bed and came across the same exact one at Walmart. I "think" we paid $25 for it! We also have one by First Years...I think...It's got a sleeping Elmo on it. We used that for our bed until we transitioned dd to her twin bed at 18mo. The Regalo bed rail also breaks down REALLY easily and has a storage pouch...it was great for traveling.

HTH

Christine

hunter2000
04-24-2003, 10:24 AM
My husband and I are using the Evenflo brand and LOVE them. They are stable and sturdy when in the "locked" position. Make sure the rails you purchase can be folded down, so that you can change the bedding easily. Good luck!