PDA

View Full Version : Babi Italia Toddler Conversion

alanz3
06-10-2002, 08:24 PM
I was wondering if anybody else has experience with adding a toddler bed guard rail to a Baby Italia crib. We have the Elena model and just bought the guard rail. I installed it the only way it appears to go on but the top of the rail is only a couple of inches above the top of the mattress.

We have a catalog which shows a Babi Italia crib with the guard rail installed and it looks like I expected it to. There is maybe 8 or 10 inches of the rail above the mattress.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Liz
02-04-2003, 02:53 PM
I am wondering, alanz3, what you ended up doing. We have the same crib and are looking for a bed rail.

Alan
02-04-2003, 09:29 PM
We went to Babies R Us and bought a rail from Safety First, it seems to do the job much better but obviously does not look so good.

Valerie
07-21-2003, 09:41 PM
I am also trying to figure out what to do with a Babi Italia crib. We have the Westgate model, and it is supposed to be a 4-in-1 conversion. I never gave the conversion part a second thought, and now that my son is climbing out of the crib (17 months), we can't find the manual!

I'm guessing if I want the official conversion, I need to contact them and purchase a wooden guardrail conversion kit? (Does anybody have contact information for Babi Italia - the Baby Bargains book only has Bonavita, their parent company, so I'm going to try them).

I like the idea of just being able to use a store-bought bed-rail instead. How did you do that conversion? I'm guessing I just remove the entire drop-side panel? Did you need to replace it with anything, or was the crib sturdy enough without it?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused by this!

Thanks,
Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02

Tessa'sMom
08-22-2003, 04:02 PM
I found my owners manual and it says to call 1-888-266-2848 for assistance (parts or if you're just plain having trouble)

Tracy A
10-13-2003, 11:15 PM
I believe Babi Italia is only sold through BRU. We called them and had to special order the toddler bed rail. They don't carry them in stock. It takes up to 12 weeks! We haven't received it yet, so I don't know if it will be high enough. (I never thought that it might be too short!) I hope it works, after waiting so long (and spending two to three months praying that my dd doesn't figure out that she can climb out now).

brigmaman
11-03-2003, 10:14 AM
We have been thinking of converting our Babi Italia crib to a toddler bed, but it seems so high off the ground. I forget what model we have, but it has a drawer and only converts to a toddler bed. I think that the drawer comes out and then the sliding side comes off. Is it necessary to have the wood rail. Does the rail go about 3/4 way along the mattress?