PDA

View Full Version : Quilts from The Company Store: Are they good quality?

MarinaTwinMom
12-31-2002, 02:42 AM
We're now eyeing a couple of 100% cotton quilts from The Company Store for our kids. I'd have to order them online, though, without having seen them in person. So ... for those of you who have kids' quilts from The Company Store, are they of good quality? Do you really like them, or are they just so-so? How well do they hold up to the activities of a toddler, and to periodic washing? :)

JANDDEE
01-12-2003, 08:59 PM
I JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED A COMPANY STORE COMFORTER FOR MY SONS ROOM AND AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE QUALITY. THEY ARE VERY HEAVY MADE AND WASH VERY NICELY.

MarinaTwinMom
01-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, we went ahead and ordered the quilts. They arrived early this week.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the quality of one of the quilts (with an emergency vehicles theme, for my DS) and the matching throw pillow. The quilt and pillow both had quilting that was very, very poorly done. Numerous threads were left dangling without knots, and other threads were knotted with great big knots on top of the quilt (this is white thread on blue and red fabric, so it really shows). We're talking every foot or so, all over the top of the quilt. In some areas, quilting that was supposed to be straight actually veered off at odd angles, then came back to being straight (apparently when the seamstress noticed she'd started to sew crooked). I honestly can't believe how poorly the quilt was made. The pillow also had fabric that had been sewn together by machine, then ripped out and resewn (so the holes from the machining show on the front of the pillow). Ugh.

I wouldn't pay $20 for that quilt, much less the $73.99 they charged (or the $149 list price). Unfortunately, I'm going to end up being out more than $20 total for shipping costs if I return the quilt. :( :(

The other quilt and sham (in a spring butterfly pattern, for DD) looks much better. I'm a bit disappointed that it says line dry only, though. Where on earth am I going to find room to line dry a twin quilt?? I imagine we'll be washing it a lot, considering that it's for a toddler.

So ... we're definitely going to return the one quilt and pillow. We may end up returning the other one, too, as line drying just isn't practical for something that big that will have to be washed that often. What really gets me is that we're going to be out all the $$ for shipping.

I would not order from The Company Store again.