PDA

View Full Version : BED RAILS WITHOUT BOX SPRINGS

joshkarsh
01-24-2003, 06:29 PM
HAS ANY ONE SEEN A BED RAIL THAT CAN BE USED ON A FRAME BED WITH SLATS AND NO BOX SPRING? MAYBE ONE THAT CLAMPS ON TO THE SIDE RAIL OF THE BED FRAME RATHER THAN SLIDING UNDER THE MATTRESS? THANK YOU.

Jaya
02-27-2003, 02:25 PM
There are two manufacturers that I know of (in the MA area) that make rails that work well on slatroll beds. One is by Brevvi. It slides under the matress, but the "bars" are very wide, and will not slip through the spaces in the slats. It's about 5 feet long, and retails in the Boston area for around $50. Another option is the small, two-piece Costco rail (the baby manufacturer, not the store). This retails in my area for around $20, and requires some minor assembly. What we recommend people do with the Costco rail is keep the box it came in, flatten it, and place it beneath the mattress, on top of the slats, and rest the rail bars on top of that cardboard. This will prevent the bars from falling through the cracks. On the downside, the Costco rail is much smaller. If your child is used to sleeping in a bed, and isn't much of a thrasher, I would recommend the Costco rail. But if you are putting your young one into their first bed, I would go with the Brevvi. Hope this helps!