PDA

View Full Version : Twin Mattress Choice

kfletch
03-10-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm looking to move my 26 month old out of her toddler bed and into a twin bed. The choices are mind numbing. I want a fairly good mattress as I plan on her using this bed for at least the next 12 years but I don't know what to choose. The Simmons Back Care Kids mattress was recommended to me by a salesperson over the phone. Sounds like a good idea but the set retails for $449.00. Is this worth it? Does anyone have a mattress they can recommend? Pros and cons? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Karen

sweetbasil
03-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Hi, Karen~
After a pretty bad experience with Sealy, we have all Sertas at our house (DH & I sleep on a Serta Perfect Sleeper and *adore* it). We went to a local furniture store back in Jan. to buy DS a twin bed, and spent $248 for a twin mattress, box springs, and a frame. Now that his case pieces are about to arrive, we need another twin for the trundle bed that tucks away under his mattress, and this time, I think we'll go to Sam's Club. They have lots of Sertas there, and I saw a really good twin mattress there on Friday for under $60! With a trundle, we won't need a box spring, so that's perfect for this situation.

Just my opinion, though....good luck!