PDA

View Full Version : Toddler chair, rocker or sofa

MI_MOM
03-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Has anyone recently purchased a toddler-size rocker, chair or sofa? I saw a few on www.toddlerrock.com and www.kidchairs.com however, I am concerned about the durability. Any suggestions?

MattMom
03-31-2003, 11:51 PM
I have a 22-mth old and a few months ago, I bought him a little Lambs and Ivy armchair rocker from www.smartbargains.com. It was $39.95 not including shipping, but even with shipping, it cost about the same as a similar chair from Toys R Us. It's on the small side (although it's perfect for my son at this age), it's cute, and I think that it will last long enough. The fabric is stapled onto the frame. It's a lot cheaper than similar chairs that I have seen elsewhere (which also have stapled-on fabric) and certainly much much cheaper than the chairs from Pottery Barn Kids, which are a little bigger. Another option would be to buy a children's chair from Ikea, like a friend of mine did. It's not as plush, but just as cheap and is maybe more suitable in size for a bit older child. I'm satisfied with my purchase and my son enjoyed it from the day it arrived; he could tell that it was "his" chair.

JakesMom
05-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Try the Land of Nod (www.landofnod.com). Their childrens' furniture is made by regular furniture manufacturers. Also, Crate & Barrel has custom furnishings you can order from Lee Industries specifically for children.

Good luck!
Jodi

jbsullins
05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I have a 16 mo old who loves the Anywhere chair from Pottery Barn Kids. The slipcover is removable to wash and the chair itself is soft and easy to move.