PDA

View Full Version : Twin or Full Bed?

Melanie
05-12-2003, 03:15 PM
My son is doing well in his crib mattress on the floor, so we're starting to think about getting him a bed...probably one of those bunkyboard things under it and slowly raise it once he "gets" how you get down. Now he just steps down.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe we should get him a full bed instead of a twin, so he could have it pretty much until college.

Has anyone done this?

Mommy to Jonah

brubeck
05-12-2003, 06:43 PM
My daughter is in a full bed but that's only because it's the bed I used before my husband and I got married! It was in our house and the frame was pretty low (12" off the ground + mattress height). Two reasons to use it!

The advantage for us with the full bed was that we stuck it in the corner and when we put her to sleep at night we put her on the side of the bed closest to the wall. This way she REALLY had to roll to fall off the bed. It seems to have worked, she's never rolled off.

The bad thing about the full bed is that if your child ever wants character linens they do not make kiddie sheets in full.

Melanie
05-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Thanks for responding.

Our son is a 'big' sleeper, just like me. I hear him toss & turn and then *THUMP* he hits the wall and wakes up. Although, I suppose a twim would still be wider than a crib mattress, for him.

Mommy to Jonah

tinwhistle
01-05-2005, 03:16 AM
We're thinking of doing basically the same thing, since we have a queen size bed in a guest room and don't want to buy another bed. One disadvantage might be that the bed takes up more space in the child's room, leaving less space for play or (when they're older) reading and homework.

What is the bunkyboard thing? Sounds helpful.