PDA

View Full Version : race car beds - anything good to say ?

Lynnie
08-04-2003, 09:27 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has had a GOOD experience with a toddler sized race car bed ? I just got one on e-bay, and it didn't cost much, and is adorable and in great shape... but then of course I read some of the messages on here about how kids roll right out of them or want to stay up all night playing. My son is 16 months, and we were going to move him from the small nursery into a bigger room soon anyway, so I was hoping to put the bed in the big room, with his toys, and let him play and nap there, but still sleep in his crib at night until he is a little older, and then gradually transition him into sleeping in the bed at night too, with a gate on the door. However, now I am concerned that this may cause him to never want to sleep in the bed, but to play in it all the time, or that he will constantly fall out. He naps on a cot during the day at "school" without a problem, and sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time. And, if anyone has this bed and actually likes it, would it be possible to put the mattress inside the frame without the support board so that it is directly on the floor, and would then have walls all around ?
Thanks !