PDA

View Full Version : Two year old's new sleep issues

Momtotwo
08-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Our two year old daughter (who has always been a decent sleeper) has started putting up quite a fuss when it is time to get in her crib at night. She will scream, ask to sleep with us and occasionally claim to be scared. We have not given in, but it is not getting better. Has anyone experienced this around age 2? Does anyone have any suggestions for getting back to easy betime and no-wake nights? Thanks.

momathome
08-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Oh, my goodness, this is exactly what Liza did when she hit 2 years-old! She was suddenly terrified to go to sleep and would make vague references to monsters and shadows. This lasted about a month so I made the decision to switch her out of the crib and into a toddler bed - I figured if she wasn't sleeping well in the crib, we would give it a try! It took a couple of weeks for her to make the transition and not be so scared anymore - I spent more than one night curled up next to her on the floor until she fell asleep! We made a game of making animal shadows on the wall and she finally chilled out and started sleeping normally again. Good luck - I feel your pain!
-Lauren

Momtotwo
08-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks so much. We were thinking this might be the time to try the toddler bed. We'll give it a try. (The wall-shadows idea too!)

Cathy