PDA

View Full Version : Flexa toddler/kids furniture

Jenny
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I just wanted to recommend some furniture we stumbled across. The Flexa furniture has been sold in Europe for a while, and I think is relatively new over in the US. We happened to move near the Baby Catalog outlet so went to see it, and they have a flexa furniture building they're opening. It is such cool stuff...really well built pine furniture.

The best part about it is that you can keep building on to it, and they guarantee for five years that they'll have any part you want to add on. We'd been driving ourselves nuts-- get one bed, because we don't have a lot of room? Get bunk beds? Get one of those loft/desk/bookcase/second bed things, so our son and future kid could use them as they hit school, so we didn't have to buy furniture again? The flexa furniture solved that problem. We got a twin bed with a 3/4 railing for one side, as the other would be against the wall, and we can add just about ANYTHING on...make it a loft, bunk bed, triple bunk bed, good grief, they've even got like castle stuff and slides if that floats your boat, all sorts of canopy-tent stuff. And they've got really neat dressers and toy storage and bookcase units that you can mix and match and choose to fit your space. We've had it for a month now, and our son, 20 months and short, enjoys his bed-- it is very sturdy and comfy (springy slats under the mattress every few inches...very unlike the THREE we saw in one bed) and can hold up to a 300 pound person--loves his dresser and choosing clothes for his bear, has shelves for all his books, carts for his stuffed animals that roll under the dresser, and shelves for his toys, and everything but the bed fits in his closet.

We absolutely love it...it's very smooth, very sturdy, attractive-- and flexible! We can wait til we need something to change it...it's like lego furniture. And the best part is, the price is the best we saw anywhere for kids' furniture, and the quality is MUCH better than what we saw in furniture stores. I imagine the $1400 beds are probably harder wood with carving etc, but we didn't really consider them an option!

I don't think the Baby Catalog people have got the flexa stuff online yet, but you could check there or just google it-- I looked before posting and I saw US stores selling it. I hope this is helpful!