PDA

View Full Version : How many sheet sets does a toddler need (for a twin bed)?

MarinaTwinMom
08-31-2003, 03:44 PM
We've just moved our kids (age 3) to twin beds. Now, I'm wondering how many sheet sets I will need for them. I had planned to buy two sets for each child, but am wondering if that's enough (particularly during potty training, and if a flu bug hits).

How many sheets do you have for your kids?

Also, I'm assuming that most folks only have one comforter/throw/quilt per child. Is that correct? (Just wondering how this works if they get a tummy bug. Should we have a backup?)

mom2kandj
09-06-2003, 01:59 AM
The only reason we have 3 sets per kid is that Costco has/had some cute jersey and flannel sets for less that $15 for a three piece set!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

luvbeinmama
09-09-2003, 01:58 AM
All you need is 2 sets. One to put on when/if the first gets wet during the night. I just wash the wet sheets right away with the jammies. When you are potty training it's nice to have the potty training sheet protector (I got mine from OSA). Now DS only wets the bed if he sleeps really late, which happens on occassion.

raynjen
09-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Let me preface this remark by saying that we have only two sets of sheets (and two mattress pads), but I would recommend 3. The reason being that just last week my daughter got makeup ALL over her sheets just before nap time (don't ask). I changed the sheets, put her down for her nap and fifteen minutes later she was crying. Her diaper had leaked and her bed was wet. I stripped the bed...again...and ended up covering the mattress with an old crib sheet.

I only have one quilt for her, but I have several back-up blankets for when the quilt goes in the wash.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

redhookmom
09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
I actually have four. Two cotton and two flannel. My husband and I really like to turn the heat down at night so we use flannel in the winter.

Jessica