PDA

View Full Version : What color bedroom?

SeekerMage
09-11-2003, 01:25 AM
We are getting ready to redo Angelas room to make it a new room for her and Lil'bit...but I cant decide what color to do....what do you think?

WE are useing the Disney line of paint and have it some what narrowed down. All the furniture will be white....Angela will have a white lacy bedspread....not sure about the crib bedding yet but that will be just a solid color....anyhow.

There will be a white chairrail with either eyeore periwinkle below and light princess blue above....or a deeper pink below with a pale pink above...Basically periwinkle colors or pinks.....both are very feminine and pretty just which would be too girl?

We are going to put princess pictures on the walls, eyelet valance and side curtians I will tie back with a garland for flowers....and other cute girly princess accessories....Any suggestions? purples or pinks? What is your opinion?

mom2kandj
09-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Pinks are always going to be easier to match! Have you thought of blues? Kind of like Cinderella's light blue and darker blue? I'm not sure of the exact color names(even though we have a ton of those Mickey Mouse head paint chips everywhere in our house! Keeps the kids busy when we're at Home Depot! LOL!). If it were me, I prefer the purple over pink! FWIW - Katie's room is denim and red - fun but not too girly! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

egoldber
09-11-2003, 09:56 AM
I love blue! Sarah's room is sky blue. The nice thing about having a blue room is that you can get pink and purple accessories and don't have to worry about them matching the shade of pink that the room is. At least, that would obsess me. :)

Jen in Okinawa
09-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Definitely go with the Eyore/Princess colors. Pink is sooo easy to go overboard on (think relatives who say - "oooh, they have a PINK room?") I think the lace and eyelet will be more than enough to make the room feminine. It's going to be so pretty, keep us updated!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)