PDA

View Full Version : how to make crib more comfy?

cdlamis
09-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Now that the danger of suffocationg and SIDS is much lower, what kind of "padding" do you use under the fitted sheet of the crib?

I want to make it more comfortable for Julia. Right now I only have the matress pad and a sheet.

Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

luvbeinmama
09-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Do you have more that a mattress pad and a sheet on your bed? I think that is fine.

raynjen
09-15-2003, 05:41 PM
The mattress we bought has an 'infant' and a 'toddler' side. The 'toddler' side has some extra foam on it so we just flipped the mattress. I don't think it really matters too much as they aren't heavy enough to have pressure points yet.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

cdlamis
09-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Thanks for your replies. It makes me feel better. Julia seems to sleep fine- I just thought that her matress was much more stiff than ours.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

GAPeach
09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
My son is now two and a half. Soon after moving him from the bassinet to the crib, I put a thick, folded towel under the sheet to soften the mattress. That helped a little and he slept better. Then, I bought an foam "egg crate" mattress pad and cut it to fit his crib. He sleeps wonderfully on that. I would wait until your child is able to roll front to back and back to front without any difficulty, though.