PDA

View Full Version : Easel

kdeangelo88
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
I am looking for a great easel that will be good for my 2 year old now and that he can grow into.

egoldber
10-09-2003, 08:59 PM
We have the Little Tikes freestanding easel. It has space for pictures/painting and a chalkboard on the other side. My DD loves it. It is very sturdy and fold for storage if you need it to.

HTH,

Roleysmom
10-10-2003, 08:45 AM
We have an easel from IKEA that our 21-month-old DD loves. It has a chalkboard on one side, a dry erase board on the other (which we haven't used yet) and a roll of paper that goes up the middle and covers the dry erase board. You can paint and use crayons on the paper and it doesn't leak through to the board. It's cheap, about $20 for the easel and $7 for the paper, which you could probably get cheaper elsewhere, light, easy to move.

Paula - mom to Roley 01-04-02

trumansmom
10-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Beth -

We have this easel as well. I purchsed it a yard sale, and haven't been able to find the replacement pads for the picture part of it. Do you have a good place to look? I've just been taping paper up in the meantime.

Also, I've been weird about introducing chalk. Does Sarah enjoy the chalkboard?

Thanks-

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
10-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Sarah actually PREFERS the chalkboard! She is kind of weird about drawing, and likes to draw in a sketchpad type book so that she can "save" and re-visit her pix later. She got this from my MIL, who was an art teacher and always carries a sketchbook.

But she adores chalk. And it is actually MUCH easier to clean than crayon.

I have seen other sketchpads at places like Zany Brainy, teacher supply stores and places like that.

HTH,

NAmama
10-23-2003, 06:57 AM
I just got my IKEA catalog the other day and noticed that these easels will be going on sale for a couple of weeks starting on November 22, I think for $15! They look great. I was going to buy one from Costco for about $50, but I think I will go with IKEA, plus I love their wooden toys and they have cheap and colorfull painting supplies! My daughter loves painting on an easel.

Jackie
mom of Shanna Bahe (3) and Joneya (9 mos)

>We have an easel from IKEA that our 21-month-old DD loves. It
>has a chalkboard on one side, a dry erase board on the other
>(which we haven't used yet) and a roll of paper that goes up
>the middle and covers the dry erase board. You can paint and
>use crayons on the paper and it doesn't leak through to the
>board. It's cheap, about $20 for the easel and $7 for the
>paper, which you could probably get cheaper elsewhere, light,
>easy to move.
>
>
>Paula - mom to Roley 01-04-02