PDA

View Full Version : Rooms To Go Kids Furniture

Carol Zollmann
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Has anyone purchased furniture from Rooms to Go Kids, and if so, were you pleased with your experience? I have found a bedroom suite there that I love for my almost 2 year old, but am hesitant about the quailty of the furniture (although it appears very solid and sturdy) and the service. They carry well known brands like Stanley and Lexington furniture, but this set is made by a company called Canyon. Please let me know any experience you have had with Rooms to Go Kids.

Thanks!
Carol

emmiem
10-31-2003, 09:35 AM
I have never bought kids furniture there but I have a bedroom, living room leather, and some couches. The leather is now 9 years old and showing age from shoe scuffs but well worth it considering what I paid. The couches are in excellent condition. My tables from the LR set did not make it through a move. My bedroom did but it has not aged well. Considering how long I have had it, I would repurchase. The bedroom was Stanley. I just bought some Thomasville and the price was 5 times as much. So, for the price for a kids room, sure. But don't expect to pass it down. I have a kids bedroom set from Thomasville that is 10 years old and I am passing it down to my third daughter.
Emmie

MelissaTC
11-02-2003, 08:22 PM
I haven't purchased from RTG Kids but from RTG. We experienced TERRIBLE customer service and it took me contacting a local tv station for something to be done. We love our bedroom set. The living room set is ok. We have had everything for 5 years.

czollmann
11-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Emmie and Melissa,

Thanks for your feedback! I decided to go ahead and order the furniture for my DS. I really like the look of it and it seems very solid. It will arrive in mid December and if anyone is interested, I will let you know how we like it. Now, we just need to make a decision on the mattress!

Carol

lb
11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
which set did you get ?? i am looking at their stuff online, and its hard to tell what's cute and what isn't.....

czollmann
11-24-2003, 02:51 PM
We got a new line called Blue Ridge. It is not on the website. The bed is black and they have matching pieces in red, yellow, black or honey. I really like the look of it and it seems very solid. It is a distressed finish. I also thought the Highlands line was nice.

Liz B.
12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
We just purchased the Blue Ridge set with the Bookcase Headboard and Footboard, and I am wondering how you like your set. We won't have it delivered until January 3rd. We also ordered the trundle unit and are wondering how sturdy it is with a twin mattress in it--It looked to me like the bottom was particle board but the salesperson assured me there was wood under it.

Thanks,

Liz

DS Collin 6/23/01
EDD Boy 3/12/04

carolz
01-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Liz,

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I typed a response when I first saw your message but I just noticed today that it never posted. I guess by now you have your furniture? How do you like it? We recieved everything but the toychest last month and we really like the quailty of it. We got the poster bed, not the bookcase so it is a little different that what you have. No trundle is available for ours. The beds only had three boards to hold the mattress, and my husband didnt feel comfortable with that so he got a piece of MDF that fits into the bed rails and we have put the bunkie board and mattress on top of that... it is very secure. If you dont feel comfortable with yours, you could probably do the same. I hope you enjoy it! We are also expecting our second boy mid march!

Carol

Liz B.
01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
We got our furniture on Saturday, and we really love it! We are very pleased with the quality. It seems that the floor display at Kids To Go wasn't put together as well as how the actual furniture was when delivered--to my relief! My son has slept in it for naps and bedtime from Saturday on and loves his 'new big bed'. We left his crib in the room because we didn't know if he would miss it, and we found that he took the comforter from the crib and put it in his new bed (along with the zillion stuffed animals and other blankets already there!) and slept all night without a problem. We got our Serta mattresses from Sam's Club for about $80 each and they seem comfortable, too.

Thanks for the follow-up, and good luck in March!

Liz