PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Furniture

raynjen
01-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Anybody have any pieces of the Little Tikes Mission style furniture? They have a bookcase, desk, table & chair set, and a toybox. I really like the look (our furniture is mostly Mission style), but I don't have anyplace I can go to see it in person. I haven't found any reviews for it anywhere either. Any help would be appreciated.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

myllam
01-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Maybe too late to help, but just in case :) We have the table and 2 chairs and we love them! They are solidly built and seem much more sturdy then the other chairs/tables we looked at. And the style is nice. DH is in the furniture business and these were the only ones he thought worth buying. With that said, when DH put the table together, it was super wobbly. So we called Little Tikes. They immediately shipped us a new table and after we were satisfied with the new one, Little Tikes had a shipping company pick up the old one. All at no cost to us. The new one is super steady. The only thing I would suggest is not to use them directly on hardwood floors unless you put furniture glides on the bottom of the feet. (Actually, DH was surprised Little Tikes didn't do that since they are inexpensive).

My only regret is not buying the other pieces. I got them for a great price from kohls.com and now it looks like they no longer carry the mission stuff on their website. Also, I wish they did it in a cherry finish, but that is wishful thinking for kids furniture :)

Anyways,

HTH,

M

loewymartin
01-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Sorry, I just saw this post as well. I have the "storage center" and love it. We bought two for the playroom and they are extremely well made, were easy to put together and look terrific. It is a natural color though, which may not go well with other Mission furniture (which usually has a much darker color). It's polyurethaned too, so I don't think you can stain it without stripping off the polyurethane first. But, I love it the natural color, and the style matches our other furniture even if the color doesn't.
Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

raynjen
02-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Neither of you were too late! Thanks so much for your input, its funny that both of you mentioned the color, because that was the first thing that my DH and I noticed as well. You would think that the people at Little Tikes would have done enough research to know that cherry is the new color for kids, both boys and girls.

Thanks for your information!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)