PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Bed

Amy Weeks
01-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Has anyone bought a captain's bed for their toddler? We have small bedrooms and really need the storage space under the bed and I don't want to have to buy two beds--one that is really low to start and then a captain's bed later on. My dd is tall, but I'm concerned about it being too high even with a rail and some pillows on the floor just in case. For those of you who have already made the switch, how high are your twin beds?

raynjen
03-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Just want to bring this back to the top as we are considering this for when we move...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

Bugzinarug
03-29-2004, 08:06 PM
We have a captains bed with six drawers (three on top three on the bottom) ... it is quite tall. We did not realize when we bought it that it would be so large, but it has worked out beautifully! I would do it again in a heartbeat. My daughter had just turned three when we purchased it, the height is about at my waist once the mattress is on. We have a bed rail, she has never fallen out of it. She uses the knobs on the drawers to climb up into it, LOL!

My 20 month old son has had no trouble getting up and down it either, and we have had this for about 6 months now. We could have bought the bed with three drawers on top and a trundle on the bottom ... but this one holds all her clothes and is just perfect!

Purchased from the unfinished furniture store that we own/operate :-)

Jen