PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Sheets

loewymartin
02-23-2004, 03:39 PM
What is up with no Elmo sheets?! Has Sesame Street pulled their licensing? I thought one good way to get Alia to sleep in the "big girl bed" when we start that soon was to have an Elmo (or Sesame Street) fitted sheet. I planned on getting a plain comforter and top sheet (eventually, right now she just has the fitted sheet and a small crib blanket in the crib with her). But, I can't find any Elmo sheets...I checked online at all the major stores I can think of. Does anyone know of where I could get a fitted sheet with some Sesame Street characters on it?

My next step (which doesn't really help me in the fitted sheet department) is to buy some material and add to the top of a flat sheet and make a pillow case. But I don't really want to create a double sized fitted sheet :-)

Who knew I would be so worked up about moving her into (a) a new room to make room for baby #2 and (b) about putting her in a bed :-)

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

luvbeinmama
02-23-2004, 07:12 PM
LOL! I was about to offer you mine until you mentioned that it is a DOUBLE bed, not a TODDLER bed! I wish I could help you. It was all I could do to get my son to pick something other than Spongebob (thank goodness they didn't have any in full size at the store!). Good Luck!

khakismom
02-24-2004, 12:16 PM
This probably isn't much help, but I have never seen ANY character bedding for double beds. I only see them in toddler bed or twin bed sizes. Kathleen has a double bed and believe me, we looked. I ended up purchasing some pink floral sheets from PBK.

Good luck, and let us know if you find any! :)

loewymartin
02-24-2004, 01:54 PM
I was able to find a lot in double. Thomas, Clifford, Dora, Care Bears, etc. but no Sesame Street. I keep finding sites that say they used to carry them but that they are discontinued (they used to be made by Dan River, Inc). That's why I thought they pulled they licensing...

Edited to add a site I found that has a ton listed:
http://www.specialtylinens.com/juvenile.htm

I've been searching ebay too :-)

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

khakismom
02-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Wow, that site is awesome! I better not let Kathleen see it because next she'll want some Barbie sheets! :)