PDA

View Full Version : What problems have people had with bedrails?

lukkykatt
03-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I read the other post on the snugtuck pillow that mentioned problems with bedrails. Just wondering what problems people have had?

We are still waiting for DS' new bed to arrive (hopefully by the end of the month). I was just going to buy bedrails for it, but now want to make sure before I do that they are going to work.

If you have had problems, can you let me know. Also, does it depend on the brand of the bedrail?

Jeanne
03-04-2004, 10:44 AM
I haven't had any problems at all with mine - just the opposite!
I believe we have a Safety First rail that is light blue with mesh? This thing pins the bed so tightly that I now have concerns as to what it's doing to my DD's brand new expensive mattress! And it is a downright PITA to fold down and release. I can't even so much as get my fingers under this thing when it's in the locked position. And we've never had a problem with it slipping our from under the mattress.

jenfed1
03-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm my daughter's case...she was falling out of the bed - the bedrail doesn't go the entire length of the bed...there is a big gap between the footboard and the end of the bedrail, and she was rolling out at that gap. The snug tuck pillow runs the whole length of the bed, without her feeling trapped....when she wants to get down, she just climbs right over it. So far it's working great for us.