PDA

View Full Version : DD too big for Pack & Play. Need an alternative when away from home.

revora
03-07-2004, 11:47 PM
DD is almost 16 months old but BIG...which is why I'm posting this on the toddler board. She's used to the roominess of her crib and doesn't seem to be comfortable with the confines of the Pack & Play. Is there such a thing as a bigger Pack & Play? Is there anything for bigger babies/toddlers? This spring and summer we will be going on many weekend trips and desperately need something for her to sleep in. She's too young for a regular bed. Thanks for any help you can offer!

raynjen
03-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Have you ever shopped at One Step Ahead/Leaps'n'Bounds? They have two products you might be interested in here's one (thought it was more appropriate for a tall child):

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=91763&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=91763&change=117

I can't tell you if this works or not DH balked at the price! Here are a few things we've done in the past: Pack'n'Play (ended up sleeping with us - too noisy, too hard to put sleeping child down); firm chunk of foam that I made a fitted sheet for and then surrounded by pillow on the floor (worked 75% of the time, the rest she slept with me - DH not along on that trip); MIL borrowed a crib (ended up sleeping with us - not HER crib); pallet on the floor made with a comforter (this is when she was older and better used to sleeping where we put her, worked about 90% of the time).

A lot of it has to do with how long you stay in any one spot, what kind of time change you are talking about, and if they will be in the same room as you.

As I write this I have popped up 3 x to put my DD back down in her temporary bed (this time it is a window seat specifically made to be bed sized at my parent's house).

Happy Sleeping!
Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

jenniferF
03-08-2004, 12:37 PM
I got a toddler size aero bed and it works great. The sides are a little higher than the sleeping area is so that they can't roll off the mattress. A bid pricey, but I didn't have many other options!

http://www.thinkaero.com/retail/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Aero&category%5Fname=Beds&product%5Fid=Sleep+Away+Bed