PDA

View Full Version : Question about Snug Tuck Pillow

lmladuke
04-05-2004, 09:16 AM
FINALLY got DS to sleep in his bed (ok, I have to lie down and sleep with him) but last night he fell out of bed. I have not bought a bed rail yet. Was reading posts about snug tuck pillow and am considering it. FOr those who have it, I just have a few questions:

My son will not sleep with covers on, yet all photos show it placed on top of covers. Has anyone placed it underneath the quilt or bedspread?

Is this something I can take off every day, make the bed, and then just quickly put it on at night when he goes to sleep?

Finally, how much is it? I could not find the price on the website?

He did not like his crib, and I wonder if a bedrail may make him feel like he is in a crib again. Maybe this will do the trick. I need to start sleeping in my own bed!!

Thanks!

Lori

jenfed1
04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
I put mine over the covers and pull the blanket underneath the pillow so it's very easy to make the bed. I never take it off the bed - you don't need to. I guess you could put the blanket over the pillow though...I don't think it matters. If you call the woman at snugtuckpillow she can explain it to you. She was very helpful to me.

It's listed on the website as 39.95. I also ordered an extra cover for $20, because I do change the cover and wash it and I like having an extra one for that reason.

Lastly, it's very low, lower than most bedrails, so I doubt that he will feel like he is in a crib. It's more like a giant pillow! My dd sleeps right up against it. She also climbs over it to get in and out of her bed on her own. It's really a great thing...I went through so many bedrails trying to find the right one and this has really been a lifesaver.

Hope this helps.

lmladuke
04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your input. Problem is DS refuses to sleep under the covers, so I am not quite sure if that would effect anything.

Also, his bed has a footboard, and I think that the snugtuck might just be better than a bedrail. At least he can get out if he needs to. With a bedrail, he could not get down, and I would be concerned that he could get wedged somewhere

Lori

pshontz
05-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Has anyone used 2 pillows on either side of the bed? or just one on the outside? Because I've read that it can be unsafe to have a bed pushed up against a wall as a toddler can suffocate if there is a gap between the bed and wall. We need to put our bed against a wall -- should we put a rail between the wall and bed, or is that worrying too much? Thanks, Ruth

akc
05-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi -

Maeve is just like your DS and does not sleep with any kind of blankets or covers, so I'm just going to put her in a sleeper on top of the sheets and blankets and make kind of like a big crib.

I think I'm going to get the Snug Tuck pillow and put it over the covers. She is going to go into a full, so that gives her lots of room. I can't put hers against the wall, so I'm thinking I may have to get the Snug Tuck pillow and then put a rail on the outside.

BTW, the SnugTuck maker said she'd make it in custom fabric! I may get some to match her room b/c they seem like they will be there for a long time!

Alexa

Jeanne Barajas
05-28-2004, 05:42 PM
This pillow can be strapped onto any side of the bed that you want it to. You could even strap four all the way around the mattress if you wanted to. It does a great job at filling in those dangerous gaps. Hopes this helps, Jeanne.

akc
05-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi there -

That's what I'm going to do. My DD's new bed is actually a full and there isn't a way to put it against the wall (there is a radiator there - yikes!) My theory is that whatever she goes into is what she'll know. From working with the woman who makes them, it sounds like they are pretty substantial and will do a much better job than a rail. Is it a twin or a full? Only thing I'd wonder is if you'd have room for a child between two of them on a twin. You should email her at Snugtuck.

We are just going to suck it up and put her in the full, despite the fact that it is a somewhat high bed and can't be put against a wall. We are getting at least 2 Snugtucks for each side and possibly one for the foot of the bed as well.

HTH -

Alexa