PDA

View Full Version : She's not a toddler but I can't get her to sleep in the crib

luvmypeanut
04-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Is a year old too young to let her sleep in a regular bed? Ever since we got back from this last trip (gone a month) she's been sleeping better in our bed. We co-slept until about 6 mos and then she went into the crib just fine. Now I find she's napping an hour and then waking up crying until we put her in our bed where she will sleep another hour or so. At night she'll sleep the first chunk (5-7 hours) in the crib and then will refuse to go back to sleep in her crib. I know it's pretty much our doing because we travel quite a bit and when we do she sleeps in reg beds. Do you think the solution is to convert her crib to a toddler bed and use bed rails? I'm hesitant because she's almost walking but hasn't gotten there yet, but she knows how to get down from our bed and the sofa feet first. Sorry to ramble. What would you do?

Kimberly H
04-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Tuyet, my boys weren't quite as young as your sweetie but they went to twin beds at 15 or 16 months. We put the mattress and box springs on the floor with 2x4's underneath so air could circulate. Then we put the bed against a wall and used a bed rail on the outside. They did GREAT!

Maybe you could test it with the crib mattress on the floor?