PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive wood toddler bed??

Milanns
05-08-2004, 12:56 PM
OK we've decided that we would like to move DS into a toddler bed when he is ready (within a month or so is our guess). Does anyone know of an inexpensive wood brand? I would LOVE a navy blue one, but I'm sure that would be a special order expensive way to go. I'll even paint it if I could get an unfinished one. I tried Childesign's website and don't see anything in their "garage sale" section. Any suggestions???

raynjen
05-09-2004, 02:57 AM
I think you are right - inexpensive and navy blue are incompatible. If you are looking for inexpensive that you can refinish try Walmart they have Delta's for $80, Taylor for $50 (with nightstand for $60), Dorel for $40. The Delta's have a headboard and footboard which is why they run more. The Dorel looks to be unfinished which would be a real help if you want to paint it.

HTH!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

Milanns
05-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll get to Walmart this week and take a look!

Ann
Mom to Zane (14 mos)

ryanjared
05-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I found a really nice wooden toddler bed at Kmart. I also saw some nice ones at K's Merchandise. I don't know if you have a K's near you, but I think that both Kmart and K's had toddler beds that were priced at about $60. We just bought one and I really like it.